Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm a newb to Mustangs. I've searched and found to many different anwsers to my questions. So I thought I'd ask myself.

Should I go with 3:73s or 4:10s? I'm looking to add a supercharger if I can find one. I seen Banned who is nearby has one for sale but I'm unable to pm him without 5 post.

I have 18" cobra wheels with 285/35/18's can I lower 2" without rubbing. Also I have BBK longtube headers does anyone have clearance issuses with them?

How much boost is safe on a stock motor with 70,000 miles and how many miles of use before it wears the engine out?

·
Registered
761 Posts
If you want to supercharge... 3.55's or 3.73's,

You may rub if you lower your car, did you put the rims on it or did you buy it like that???

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought the rims from a local. I don't have a lot of clearance I was thinking I might get by with 1.5" drop.

One other thing I just thought of, I just got the rims on a week ago and I'm having bad bump-steer that wasn't there before. I know lowering it will cause this but I didn't think going from 17" rims to 18's would. Would offset rack bushing cure this?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
you need a bumpsteer kit and if you have the cash i would put on the x2 ball joints and cc plates while your thre...but bumpsteer kit for sure...like $125

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
if you have longtube headers and you want to lower it 2" you will most likely have some clearance issues i would think. You are already going to have clearance issues going over speed bumps, and curbs already without long tube headers with a 2" drop. Lowering a mustang 2" is a lot. heres a pic of a fellow members. His looks really good that low but if you live in an area where you dont have Smooth road your going to have issues. since you have Long Tube Headers i wouldn't do 2". Go with a 1.5 Inch Drop.That should be pretty good. To answer your other question your wheels should not rub with a 2" drop even with 18 Wheels. . and when ever you lower a car , im not sure if you know this but its not as easy as just buying the springs. you will have to look into Camber Caster Plates, Bumpsteer kit, Spring isolaters, X2ball joints, new shocks and stuts. If you lower your stang 2" the ride is going to be very rough so you will most definitely want better shocks and struts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts