Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my 91 5.0 lx AOD a week ago...opted for the automatic, against my better judgement, because I had to get knee surgery a few days ago and I wouldn't be able to drive a manual for a good while. So I'm really diggin' the 302 and the power it brings to the table, but this AOD is a real slug and I don't really know how to fix that. My biggest problem is that I currently live on base and don't have very adequate working space to leave the car in pieces for any extended period of time. Any ideas on some quick upgrades to hold me over till I can get back on my feet and into a better working environment?

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
Need 3.73 or 4.10 gears... that would give you the biggest improvement for the money over anythning else.

You need a shift kit and torque converter upgrade to make that thing fun to drive man

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any recommendations on brands? I posted some pictures in my garage, but I can't figure out how to put on my thread...

·
Rockin the "letter" cam!
157 Posts
any recommendations on brands? I posted some pictures in my garage, but I can't figure out how to put on my thread...
check craigslist for gears. I found the 3.73's for my sons 89 for $40 bucks:yes
We just installed a B&M shift kit this morning. Don't really notice a difference unless your at 3/4-Full throttle. Normal driving yields normal shifts. I think 4.10's would really wake these aod cars up.

As for posting pics. Use photobucket and copy and paste your pic to the thread.

What branch of service? I did 4 years AF as a C-130 crew chief back in 90-94 then another 3 years ANG at Macdill AFB 2001-2004.

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
shift kit
gears
stall

until all 3 its gona suck ass

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
check craigslist for gears. I found the 3.73's for my sons 89 for $40 bucks:yes
craigslist in Hawaii is unfortunately severely limited...it's where I found the car, but I haven't had much luck since. I've been laid up for the past couple days and I've done nothing but try and find stuff locally...no bueno...

We just installed a B&M shift kit this morning. Don't really notice a difference unless your at 3/4-Full throttle. Normal driving yields normal shifts. I think 4.10's would really wake these aod cars up.
Yeah, I'm leaning towards 3.73...

As for posting pics. Use photobucket and copy and paste your pic to the thread.
photobucket, got it.

What branch of service? I did 4 years AF as a C-130 crew chief back in 90-94 then another 3 years ANG at Macdill AFB 2001-2004.
I'm in the Navy right now. been in for three, got 760 days left.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just put 4.10s in my 90 mustang gt, huge diference. its got a 5spd, not the aod, but none the less, very happy with the gears so far

·
Registered
11,200 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well, my time, i still have 760...Hawaii's one of the last time zones in the world...talk about savor the moment...and yeah, I am sick of this job...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts