Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a 3v engine, im gonna drop it in my 03gt. what r a good pair of headsi should get for a good price? i saw summit had heads, cams, n an intake for 3000 or so. i am gonna take my engine to wash n be honed maybe this week.

·
Registered
789 Posts
The stock heads flow pretty good accually. Cams are always goodbut alot of people see real power gains by throwing in some boost. Can't go wrong with a sc on these motors, and its alot cheaper then a na build with more power.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
you can be in the 10's with stock heads and stock cams. if you have plans on sc'er that is the best way to go. these 3V's don't have any aftermarket heads available yet, but there are many places that are porting the stockers and getting some good improvements.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i noticed not a lot of aftermarket stuff has been made. i really just want around 330-370 hp, i really dont need more than that. do u know much it would roughly cost for porting the heads?i know it varies dependening on location

·
Registered
789 Posts
I haven't heard to much on porting our heads because it wouldn't really do a whole lot as stated above. You know you can grab a satin vortech intercooled for under 4k right? Less then a grand more then what you were looking at for cams heads and a intake (gains of what? 40-50rwhp if your lucky?) You'll sit right at 400hp with the vortech blower.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
+1 on a blower even if you are wanting to stay under 400. keep it at low boost and have stock driveability and gas mileage. if you are trying to keep it at those power levels that's what i'd do and a set of sc'er grind thumper cams for that nice loapy sound.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts