Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I am new to this forum and am in need of some tech advise. I am in the process of a mostly stock 5.0 build. I am looking to install either the B303 or E303 cam, my question is; I am looking a buying a new set of valve springs that are a dual spring set up with a max lift of .590, is this too much spring for the cams that i am looking at? I am also installing a set of Comp Cams High Energy pushrods.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Max lift will not be the issue here. Spring rate at desired install height and spring o.d. is what you need to know.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Well since your looking for a stock type set up you might want to check out this link Thumper of Orange Park He will set you up with everything you need and it will more than likely be about the same $ that you will spend on buying everything seperate. You also might want to look into having your intake done by T-Moss http://www.tmossporting.com/

Should be right up your alley as far as $ and performance.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Hello all I am new to this forum and am in need of some tech advise. I am in the process of a mostly stock 5.0 build. I am looking to install either the B303 or E303 cam, my question is; I am looking a buying a new set of valve springs that are a dual spring set up with a max lift of .590, is this too much spring for the cams that i am looking at? I am also installing a set of Comp Cams High Energy pushrods.
Leave the B303 and E303 cam where they belong...in the 80s.

·
Registered
104 Posts
OD of innner spring is 1.095
OD of outer spring is 1.437
The sizes sound right. Do you know the spring rate?

95opal provided a great recommendation with contacting Thumper. He stocks the parts you will need at a good price and he knows his sh!t
Plus, you can't beat his customer service.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts