Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK im new to this Forum because the other mustang Forum could not answer me a question that is holding me back from moving forward on my creation..Ok i have a 93 lx 4cylinder orginal car... I have a 91 302 Ho out of a linc. LSC. But the car is gutted ( wiring wise) besides the complete 2.3 engine harness and the pcm. Looking and pricing around. Wiring harness are nuts.. im not paying that much... So to cut prices down.. i wanta know if i put a 4 bbl carb intake( have to pull the efi stuff anyways to put my e303 cam in) if i can use the 2.3l harness for the gauges and sensors and what not.. if i go the carb route.. SO can someone help me. I know i need to run either a mechanical fuel pump or a inline Carb rated fuel pump( holley red or blue) get 3/8 fuel line. But what for wiring harness can/do i need. what for distributor. basically what i need to get this bitch to crank over, get the gauges to work.. ect

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
:welcome

Yikes I don't know the answer.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I would say your gonna end up spending more on a decent carb then if you were to stay efi and pick up the wiring harness from a junkyard.. just my .02

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
Pickup a wiring harness it'll be cheaper and easier. I swapped an 89 harness into my 88 in less then an hour and got it for $100 shipped off of corral.net's classifieds section

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
you need to get a vacuume advance distrubitor, a holly blue would work fine with no return line,fuel pressure regulator with 7.5 psi of fuel, the biggest issue would be to ither sump your factory tank or put in a fuel cell in. then run braided line to a in line filter then braided line to the fuel pump then you can add another filter or just go to 1/2" aluminum tubing to the regulator then back to braded line to the carb. you can hard wire the fuel pump in.

its not that bad i am about to do it to project mc-nasty.

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
Welcome to MM! post some pic's and good luck.

I would take the advise from above and get a harness and stay efi.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea thats what i was thinking. cause I wanta built a single turbo motor here shortly. and boosting an efi is alot easier in my eyes then to get a blow threw carb and what not... plus ur looking at alot of money for one of them carbs. But my car is totally stripped of most of all the wiring including dash, tail lights. engine But i just picked up a cheap speed density harness for 40 bucks. just to get it running.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts