Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to purchase a 1994 V6 Convertible, but I have some questions for the members of this forum. I know little when it comes to cars, let alone trying to take one in as a project.. so here goes;

Should I even buy the car? Is a 94 V6 worth the effort? I am getting it cheap..

The car needs a lot of work. It isn't as aesthetically pleasing as it used to be, a lot of chips, scratches, the top might need replaced, etc. Has awful red interior.

The owner said it needs a tune-up and new spark plugs, but I know nothing about that sort of stuff. Didn't sound like a Mustang should.

Anyway, it's got quite a few panels, switches, and things like that they probably need replaced(they were loose/didn't work).

I'm willing to put some effort into fixing it up, but I don't even know where to begin or what to expect.

Thanks for your time.
-Tim

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Welcome!

How cheap are we talking here? and how many miles?

I say if it's under $700, do it.

Otherwise, look elsewhere man. Good Mustangs can be had for very little money. I know people who have gotten SN95 GT's with under 100k for $3,500.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome!

How cheap are we talking here? and how many miles?

I say if it's under $700, do it.

Otherwise, look elsewhere man. Good Mustangs can be had for very little money. I know people who have gotten SN95 GT's with under 100k for $3,500.
$700? Wow, I thought $1200 was cheap. 156k. Auto.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Yeah, with what you listed, you're looking at EASILY $3,000 worth of repairs. If you don't know a ton about how to do everything yourself, you'll spend way too much and you could have had a better, nicer, GT for the amount you spent on a dinky 1st gen SN95 V6.

Spend the $3,000-$4,000 you would have to on this V6 and buy yourself something in better shape. You can get a good condition SN95 GT for that easily.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
:welcome

·
Registered
182 Posts
Welcome, use it as a daily driver for that price, and do minor work, And just keep it running till it craps out, then drop int a v8 : )

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, with what you listed, you're looking at EASILY $3,000 worth of repairs. If you don't know a ton about how to do everything yourself, you'll spend way too much and you could have had a better, nicer, GT for the amount you spent on a dinky 1st gen SN95 V6.

Spend the $3,000-$4,000 you would have to on this V6 and buy yourself something in better shape. You can get a good condition SN95 GT for that easily.
Thanks for the advice. I don't know what I was thinking..(I wasn't) lol, just eager to purchase a car I guess.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Welcome to MM!

Gonna have to agree with what others have said, look around and find a nice SN95 GT. Cheap ones aren't to hard to find.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
:welcome to MM :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
The car needs a lot of work. It isn't as aesthetically pleasing as it used to be, a lot of chips, scratches, the top might need replaced, etc. Has awful red interior.

Wow that sounds like my car! If you dont know much about working on them, then that is not the car for you, trust me on that one!

·
Registered
577 Posts
I would offer the 700 for it. Good car to start learning on as you won't be afraid to mess something up. There is only one way to learn so buy a wrench set and get started!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts