Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm back in the Mustang scene after about 10 years and I'm wondering if anyone knows what happened to ELD Performance in Maryland. Brian Bossone used to run the shop (I know he's on Pinks now), but is the business closed?

Secondly, got a 04 Mach, bought used a couple months ago with on 21K on the clock. Noticed blueish smoke upon start-up in the mornings. Not every morning, but about 60-70% of the time. Is this a sign of bad rings?

Besides exhaust (planning on MAC Pro-chamber and cat-back), what are other relatively inexpensive mods for the Mach 1. I know the aftermarket doesn't have alot for this car.

Thanks and look forward to being on the forum daily.

Barry

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
Clever name.

Blue smoke means oil is getting in somewhere. It could be bad rings, but it could also be leaky valve guides/seals. It seems odd for something with such low milage.

As far as mods, 90% of the people will say gears/CAI/tune first. Because it's a mach you already have a RAI, and you have 3.55:1 gears, so you may not need those. A tune will make a difference. If I'm not mistaken you also have lower springs right off the bat. Mach's are pretty good right off the lot...not much of an aftermarket if you don't need one.

If you get really ambitious you could do TB or cams, but that's not really inexpensive or easy.

·
Banned
416 Posts
K&N Drop in filter

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
c & L intake tube, tune, subframe connectors, short shifter if its manual of course, intake spacer, and yea a knn drop in

·
Registered
248 Posts
jlt makes a nice cai and it connects to the shaker. sub frames it you wanna change them the car come from the factory with them. and yes the car comes lover from the factory. i think it was 1 inch but im not to sure on it

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I heard that the Mach came from the factory with bolt in subframe connectors. Has anyone here had the stock ones welded in? Or is it better to just get aftermarket weld ins?

Also it depends on your intentions for the car. Sounds like you want a fun daily driver, so I'm assuming your not even thinking about boost...or are you :shiftyeyes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts