Modded Mustang Forums banner

new to the forums, new to mustangs

643 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  blkstallion 
#1 ·
Well I'd been looking over the forums here and decided I'd go ahead and figured I'd get in on some of it.

I'd really been looking for an 05-09 GT, had my heart set on it, so I'd done all this research and knew just about everything I could figure out without owning one. I was lacking a little in the money department though, and just couldn't find one, so one day I was on craigslist (hate the place, but sometimes you can find some good things) and find what was listed as a 2001 Stage II Roush. Mineral Grey with Cobra Rims. Now me being a wanna-be expert on 05-09 models, had no idea what a 2001 stage II Roush even looked like, all I knew is I loved the newer Roush's, so I looked up some pictures and made my decision to go look at it. Loved it the second I saw it, being the complete noob I am on the 99-04 model, had no idea it was a clone and I'd been ripped off. I felt pretty crappy with myself. :( So here I have an $8000 poser car. The price should have kicked me in the shin before I even began to think it was a real Roush.

Joined the Army 3.5 years ago, got the second half of my sign up bonus and have always wanted a Mustang, it's about 20 steps up from my old 94 Lincoln, which you can see in one of the pics.:p

Well here she is, even if she is fake, it still looks decent. Missouri requires front plates as of the moment, and I didn't want to drill into my bumper. :cool:

Mods are pretty much the usual, JLT CAI, 75mm throttle body, flowmaster 40's exhaust, 18x9 Cobra rims in the front, 18x10.5 in the back, Nitto tires, lowered 2", Stage 3 Roush front, Roush wing, Roush badges (to finish off the poser look, woo! (sarcasm)) Roush short throw shifter. Got an SCT Livewire on the way.

So I guess I don't know what to do, I guess I could buy GT emblems, and put those back on, I don't know if would be acceptable to leave the Roush emblems and try to build a complete Roush. I don't want to look like something I'm not, so whoever wants to throw the frying pan at me first go right ahead. :confused:

So that's me, I pretty much know nothing about these cars, so I'll probably be the guy asking how an engine works, lol, it's not that bad.

See less See more
#5 ·
Welcome to Modded Mustangs. Sorry to hear that you got taken like that, but she does look good :).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.