Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I like boobs!!!
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! So I've been on this forum for quite a while, but I've always stayed over in the 99-04 section as all I've ever had was a few New Edges. I recently picked up an '87 notch back for next to nothing and I have some big, stupid, obnoxious plans for it. I feel like I know "some" about the Fox being that it shares a lot in common with the SN95 and New Edge, but I also know there are a lot of differences.

I'll be posting in here on and off as questions come up and as I have time. To give you a quick rundown of what I'm dealing with, the car is a bone stock '87 4cyl. notchback. It was completely underwater in a freshwater flood, so the electrical is ruined... I don't care about that. The body is in great shape, and the important parts of the interior are fine... no rust. I'm going to completely disassemble the car. The front end will be cut off and replaced with a tubular setup from Rock Solid Motorsports, tubular K member with coil overs, through floor SFC's, adjustable tubular upper and lower control arms (polyeurethane and spherical bushings) with upgraded 14mm hardware, torque box reinforcements, roll cage, 8.8 with 3.73's most likely (gear not set in stone), and a lot of power to get er moving.

One thing I'm curious about, coming over to the Fox side of the house, is what is the widest tire I can run before I need to minitub it? I'm not opposed to minitubbing, and I've pretty much decided that it'll have to be done, but I figure it can't hurt to ask the question anyway. I'd like to run a 28x12.50x15 out back... 28x11.50x15 is the narrowest I'd be willing to go.

Well here goes nothing. Can't wait to see your replies. Thanks everyone.

Reactions: IsaidWOT

·
Registered
366 Posts
Just curious, what are your wiring plans? Do you want the lights and turn signals and all to work?

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
Hey all! So I've been on this forum for quite a while, but I've always stayed over in the 99-04 section as all I've ever had was a few New Edges. I recently picked up an '87 notch back for next to nothing and I have some big, stupid, obnoxious plans for it. I feel like I know "some" about the Fox being that it shares a lot in common with the SN95 and New Edge, but I also know there are a lot of differences.

I'll be posting in here on and off as questions come up and as I have time. To give you a quick rundown of what I'm dealing with, the car is a bone stock '87 4cyl. notchback.
Are you me?

The body is in great shape, and the important parts of the interior are fine... no rust.
Ok, definitely not me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts