Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey I have a 1987 lx 2.3 5 speed I am trying to do mods but I don't know where to look and what to do I want to do my exhaust and more I have springs in it but I want to keep the 2.3 motor cause it only has 70,000 miles on it. I also was looking to add fog lights but there is nothing really. Any help cause I'm stuck an don't know what to do.

Thanks

·
Registered
979 Posts
I believe you can get a GT front end that had fog light slots and then purchase the ford style round fog lights and wire them in. For exhaust everyone has their own preferences so I would go to youtube and watch clips to find one you like sound of. If you want other handling mods besides springs, you can always upgrade control arms, shocks and struts, or even wheels and tires

·
RAT FINK
939 Posts
I started out in a '90 2.3L hatch.

Stuff for the 2.3 cars isn't the easiest to find because they're so gutless, few people mod them.

That being said there are a few things out there. I know 3.5" diameter PVC will fit into the rubber elbow on your throttle body, I built a cheap CAI out of some of that stuff.

Also, if you're wanting exhaust you may have to just go the custom route. On my car the final exhaust setup I had was a Pacesetter long tube header, the main factory cat, then split to dual Flowmaster 40's and out the back with OEM takeoff '99 GT tailpipes (I had this done way back in 2000 or so). It wasn't bad for a 4 cylinder, actually sounded more like a V6 most of the time. I originally had a single 2.5" flowmaster 40 with a 2.5" tailpipe going out the back with stock everything else....that sounded great too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts