Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first off im new to the site. i have a 00 gt and bout to start building it. heres a list of what i want to do it and want yalls feedback and what i may need to do to accomodate parts that i put on. o it is an automatic

-supercharger
-long tube header
-off road x pipe
-flomaster cat backs
-about a stage 2 cam ? what else needs to be done to accomadate this
-CAI
-4.10 gears
-bout a 75 shot
-TB
-Body kit
-3 inch cowl hood

prolly some other things just let me know what yall think about these mods an any other things i need to accomodate them. thanks

·
Registered
634 Posts
first off im new to the site. i have a 00 gt and bout to start building it. heres a list of what i want to do it and want yalls feedback and what i may need to do to accomodate parts that i put on. o it is an automatic

-supercharger
-long tube header
-off road x pipe
-flomaster cat backs
-about a stage 2 cam ? what else needs to be done to accomadate this
-CAI
-4.10 gears
-bout a 75 shot
-TB
-Body kit
-3 inch cowl hood

prolly some other things just let me know what yall think about these mods an any other things i need to accomodate them. thanks

Well fist off look into what S/C you want i.e. vortech or kenne. that could answer some questions. as fara s cams make sure there blower cams and you will need valve springs as well. I would not run 4.10's with a S/C I would go 3.73 if I were you. As far as long tube headers go I have heard reapetedly that they give you next to no gains hp wise so prolly not a good investment. Don't forget your tranny as well and rear end like 31 spline axels and ****! lol personally I would go 5-spd or 6-spd. I'm pretty sure I missed something so someone else can chime in.

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
:welcome

About the cams; make sure you get cams that are best suited for forced induction.

About the gears; people with auto's do tend to get the 4.10's, but for a blower, it is advised to go with 3.73's or 3.55's. Instead of just racing through each gear with the 4.10's and F/I, the 3.55's will let you get more of the boost out of each gear. But...it also depends on what you want from your car.

Is this your daily driver?

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Welcome to MM.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no its not a daily driver but im not building it for the strip plan to change the rear end suggestions?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts