Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so the gf decided shes keeping her car and eventually getting a jeep for a daily. im a pushrod v8 guy and was just wondering if there was any tips or cool little "freebie" things you can do to a v6 sn95 (hers is a 97) we just wanta build a really really clean v6 daily for now that looks amazing and sounds good *lt's xpipe and flowmasters eventually*

for christmas i replaced the passenger window motor,drivebelt , intake gaskets, valvecover gaskets, brakeflush, powersteering flush, and coolant flush (which fixed her clogged heater core THANKGOD cause i didnt want pull the dash) and also a thermostat...

my parents bought her some black housing headlights that she wanted

her want list is mach 1 chin,hids,"wide" cervinis hood, 18" black saleens, spoiler delete,mac longtubes,offroad x,flowmaster 40s, 5spd swap, and a m90 supercharger off the supercoupe tbird, white paintjob with Strmtrpr liscense plate...she really loves starwars :screwy:

im sure theres alot of really good looking v6s on this site if anyone has the parts listed we would like to see!!!and just wanted some ideas on what mods she could pull off with a v6 and still look good :)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
slonison i noticed you did the blue lights for the gauges, how hard was this cause what im imagining is blue leds pluged into the factory bulb sockets behind the gauges...p.s just read your whole build thread nice work! im digging that intake!!!!

·
2013 5.0
2,982 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
u da man! lol

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
X pipes sound great on GTs, but sound like **** on V6s (unless you like a little rice). H pipe is the way to go.

·
Canon Gang
8,240 Posts
X pipes sound great on GTs, but sound like **** on V6s (unless you like a little rice). H pipe is the way to go.
This x10.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just heard one on youtube with the prochamber pipe longtubes an flowmaster 10 series anyone running a prochamber????

·
Registered
196 Posts
Im running a convert H(my Y turned to an H) and mac 2.5 inch cat back. Wont be getting a sound clip till spring but its more than agressive for a v6 exhaust. I also have a windstar upper intake.
For the m90, doing a motor swap might be cheaper and easier than trying to add the parts to the stock single port motor (not to mention you get a forged short block from the supercoupe)
if you want to tear into the motor, a split port swap and a new cam while you are in there is something to consider.
Also I notice you didnt mention gears. Whether you stay auto or go 5 speed. Gears in a v6 make it a whole new car. Finding a regular t-lok for the 7.5" rear is getting harder but check out the ranger forums, thats where I got mine for cheap.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have seen the h pipe conversion didnt kno that about the supercoupe havin forged internals...goodstuff!! Learn somethin new everyday.

and i doubt we will do gears unless i buy a 9inch for my car an give her my 8.8 she really only wants a 5spd swap with bolt ons but i talked her into the m90 cause we go to mustang week an shows and a superchargers pretty badass roots style looks even meaner haha i noticed a bunch of people do this windstar intake??? Im guessing thats a splitport so id hve to use newer style heads

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
if it were me id go longtubes with an h pipe with high flow cats and flowmaster 40s

imo these cars dont sound will without cats. ive never heard a 3.8 in my life that sounds good without cats.

and if you dont end up doing a 5 speed swap... throw some 4.10s and a posi in the rear and buy a tuner. those things will be the best bang for your buck in a v6 auto

1 - 13 of 13 Posts