Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I Blumpkin Entirely Way Too Much
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night i got to test drive a 2006 limited lime metalic mustang gt. sticker price was 18,000 and so my mom bought it.... for her haha. Im sort of the family mechanic and was wondering if theres anything i should keep an eye on with these new mustangs. its got 33,xxx miles with an automatic tranny. This was my first time ever even being in a new model mustang let alone driving one. pretty sure that im going to be getting one real soon, i love the interior, and that thing flat hauls! i've got alot of money and alot of hp in my edge but that this suprised the hell outa me for a stock mustang haha.

Also is the limited lime metalic actually a limited edition?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
The paint color is Legend Lime not Limited Lime. Total production for for 2006 was 165,762 and of those 6,147 were Legend Lime. It's probably the least produced color, but not special edition or rare.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Just read the TSB before you change spark plugs.

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
The blinker fluid resevoir likes to crack under alot of stress from using the blinkers. Duct tape usually helps.

Also the Gas tank might suprise you when sometimes it wont let you fill, just keeps clicking.

*fix* is turning the handle towards the back of the car and filling on an angle.

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
The blinker fluid resevoir likes to crack under alot of stress from using the blinkers. Duct tape usually helps..
nice...

Also the Gas tank might suprise you when sometimes it wont let you fill, just keeps clicking.

*fix* is turning the handle towards the back of the car and filling on an angle.
i actually experienced that the other day...was seriously pissing me off

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
If I were you I would go ahead and change the spark plugs as soon as possible. They have 1-piece plugs available for them also. In case you didnt know, yes - the 05-06 Mustangs have a 2-piece plug in them.....thanks ford

·
Doctor of Jurisprudence
2,945 Posts
to be brutally honest with you, if you're set on getting a new pony then I'd wait until January 18th. That's when the ordering will begin for the 2011, with SERIOUS and all but confirmed rumors of a 5.0 V8. If you need a new pony NOW, then you really can't go wrong with the 2005-2009 stang. 2010=different story.

Welcome to MM and I hope you've got deep pockets because once you start tinkering under the hood with a mustang...you really can't stop. lol

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
If I were you I would go ahead and change the spark plugs as soon as possible. They have 1-piece plugs available for them also. In case you didnt know, yes - the 05-06 Mustangs have a 2-piece plug in them.....thanks ford
Glad i got a 09 then

to be brutally honest with you, if you're set on getting a new pony then I'd wait until January 18th. That's when the ordering will begin for the 2011, with SERIOUS and all but confirmed rumors of a 5.0 V8. If you need a new pony NOW, then you really can't go wrong with the 2005-2009 stang. 2010=different story.

Welcome to MM and I hope you've got deep pockets because once you start tinkering under the hood with a mustang...you really can't stop. lol
well i got a uber good deal for my 09 so i couldnt pass that up. im definately gonna keep an eye out with the new rumored 5.0 and seriously thinking of swaping it in

·
Registered
431 Posts
If you're looking to get a good deal on a used Stang when the new ones come out, find yourself a real dumb salesperson that logged the mileage of the car while it was set to kilometers. Mine was showing 12,xxx when they did the paperwork. After I got home, I realized the mistake and switched it to the correct setting. SCORE!!!

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
:eek: Holy ****, 165k production units in 2006 alone.

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
Mine was showing 12,xxx when they did the paperwork. After I got home, I realized the mistake and switched it to the correct setting. SCORE!!!
which turns out to be?

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
about 7-8k miles.

I would make sure you dont have any problems with the water leaking onto the passenger side carpet. Also cruise at around 70 on the freeway for maybe 10 minutes and then stomp on it and see if it lugs at all. There is a TSB for that.

Other than that, they are great cars. I have a 05 and I have had mine for over 2 years now and had 0 problems with it.

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts