Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well here's the story.... I sold my car to a friend a few weeks ago. He wanted to go to the track and wanted me to race a friend with a 03/04 cobra that he said was talking a lot of ****.

Well we only got in 2 passes b/c everyone kept breaking. The track wasn't hooking well. He made a pass in the GT (on motor) and spun like crap out the hole and ran 12.8 @ 110mph. I then lined up withe the Cobra. He was talking about how he was on his race tune making 630rwhp, how he has level 5 half shafts & just adjusted his coil overs, and how his car hooks up on Hoosiers.

He has a lot of claims, like he claimed that he traps 130mph, he ran with a GSXR 1000 on the interstate on the way to the track (with 3 people in his car), blah blah blah.

I told him how I was giving up over 200rwhp in the little 2v and I was on "street tires". I knew that I had to try to tree him and get him out the hole. Which meant that since the track wasn't hooking, I couldn't sleep but I'd have to baby it on the launch, once again to get her to hook. We do our burnouts he stages, and I can hear him revving, he's ready to go. I inch up and stage. I creep the RPMs to 3k and ease the clutch out (spin in 1st). I hit 2nd (chirp the tires), shift to 3rd (chirp the tires), look around for him (must have over revved b/c the n2o cut out), shift to 4th, look again and he's not gaining on me... in fact he's not even there. He broke his level 5 half shafts at the line. I told him that I thought he had "level 5" half shafts, he said he did. I then questioned why he felt like he had to run his car hard enough to break it, just to run a little 2V. Anyways I babied it to a 11.7 @ 118mph. I'm about to make a video.

I think my buddy is going to get some "real" drag radials, and get a tune for a 150 & 200 shot. So I have a feeling that when we do a rematch, the Cobra will go down, again.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
nice!

Ill be there on the 10th to watch rematch;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts