Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went looking for the newest issue of MM&FF and ended up reading the 5.0 Mag, and found Trick Flow has a set of 2V "Twisted Wedge Heads" that drastically raise hp numbers and better the torque curve according to their charts.

Anybody tried them? I'm not sure how new they are or if their worth the money. Didn't really see a price for them but it puts power levels comparable to the N/A cobra and Mach 1's if I read it correctly.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
bro lol they have been out for a long time now

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bro lol they have been out for a long time now
Didn't really know. I haven't really had the money to mod the motor lately so I never paid any attention to what was out. The 5.0 mag made them seem new so thats why I brought the question up.

Anybody tried them? What kind of hp/tq gains have yall saw? Worth the price?

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
google them..there are a few cars with them..

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
how much hp is it suppose to free up with the combo kit on an almost stock gt. and i mean just the kit not upgraded cams or anything.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Like mentioned above the TF heads have been out for a while.

However, the TF R heads are supposedly coming out soon. Speculation is that they are a new cast of heads and are not just ported TW's.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
prob be even more money haha ported pi's are good for 99.9% of peoples needs.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
If you plan on staying NA, definatley get the 38cc heads. Theyll raise your compression a point. Those with the trickflow cams will be good for 320+rwhp with more bolt ons..

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
295rwhp on this auto on the dyno

341rwhp on this one with all the mods listed 2002 GT- 341rwhp / 307tq- FRPP 3:73 GEARS, SLP X-Pipe (catted), SLP Loudmouth Cat-back, Underdrive pulley's, CompCam stg2 270's cams, TrickFlow 4.6 Twisted Wedge Heads, CAI, 275/front 315/rear, SLP Longtube Headers, TrickFlow TrackHeat Intake Manifold, 24lb Injectors

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
295rwhp on this auto on the dyno
YouTube - 2001 N/A Mustang GT with Trick Flow Heads - Steeda.ca

341rwhp on this one with all the mods listed 2002 GT- 341rwhp / 307tq- FRPP 3:73 GEARS, SLP X-Pipe (catted), SLP Loudmouth Cat-back, Underdrive pulley's, CompCam stg2 270's cams, TrickFlow 4.6 Twisted Wedge Heads, CAI, 275/front 315/rear, SLP Longtube Headers, TrickFlow TrackHeat Intake Manifold, 24lb Injectors

YouTube - TrickFlow Twisted Wedge Heads Dyno
both of those cars are classic examples of what not to do when going with trick flow heads.

on a stock pi short block, you'll get much better results (real world & trick flow themselves) using their cams & a stock intake.

they aren't for everyone though either way. if your just looking for a dyno number, might want to look elsewhere, if your looking for track times n/a, then their your best friend.

·
Registered
205 Posts
both of those cars are classic examples of what not to do when going with trick flow heads.

on a stock pi short block, you'll get much better results (real world & trick flow themselves) using their cams & a stock intake.

they aren't for everyone though either way. if your just looking for a dyno number, might want to look elsewhere, if your looking for track times n/a, then their your best friend.
Yea...that guy with the tfs heads and intake with comp cams didn't even get the full potential of the car. For tfs heads with stock shortblock, you can use stout cams and stock intake manifold to make the most power. Then if you forge it, throw an Eddie or tfs intake on there and watch the rpms climb! These motors can make decent power n/a, just gotta spin them high enough.

Op, tfs heads are great products. The are expensive though so you have to figure out if they are worth it for your build or not. By using the 38cc heads, you'll find more compression and you can still run aggressive cams and have plenty of clearance. Visit modularheadshop.com for prices and info. Great stuff on nicks site.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts