Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got one of VMP's new pulleys for the Roush TVS. It allows the use of the stock crank pulley and water pump pulley. No more running the Steeda UDPs which means no more broken water pump pulleys. I'm currently running a 3.25" blower pulley, stock crank pulley, stock water pump, and a 90mm idler directly below the blower. The pulley uses a press in hub and than the pulley bolts to the hub. So, pulleys can be swapped fairly easy.

I suspect due to belt wear and how much dust it was putting off that it was probably slipping quite a bit with such a small blower and crank pulley. Another good thing about the pulley is that I really can't see the belt coming off of it. This set-up should also create more belt wrap so there are no issues of it slipping currently. I'm going to be putting a brand new belt on it and watch how it wears very closely to see if there was a problem previously. I'll post in a couple of weeks about how that turns out. I'm very happy with the set-up and can't wait to try some more things out in the future!

3.25" Pulley, 2.6" Pulley, & Hub.

3.25" Pulley & Hub.

VMP Pulley Tool:

Hub Installation:

Previous Set-Up Dyno - 506 rwhp / 475 rwtq @ 10 psi:

New Set-Up Dyno - 524 rwhp / 502 rwtq @ 11 psi:

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Nice, VMP is the ****. I hope you have a new shortblock sitting in your garage hahaha. Those are awesome numbers at 11 psi. TVS hmm....

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Gosh I want a TVS bad...lol

·
Registered
276 Posts
Holy ****. I'm running 8.1 psi on the stock bottom end and I was worried that if I went any higher it'd blow up. Those are some incredible numbers man.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
that's some Nasty numbers!!!

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I guess you are what you eat! I'm diggin' the VMP tool and case. Looks like a nice piece.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
I wonder what is going on at 4500 RPM where your HP and torque both have a dip-notch?

You saving up for that Livernois forged setup?:confused:

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wonder what is going on at 4500 RPM where your HP and torque both have a dip-notch?

You saving up for that Livernois forged setup?:confused:
Not sure, not really concerned about it either. I might have to ask. I got something else in store than a Livernois block.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
and where are you getting 11psi from? Dyno chart reads 12.36...I can see you rounding down to 12psi due to a few spikes, but not 11psi

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Not sure, not really concerned about it either. I might have to ask. I got something else in store than a Livernois block.
I've been marinating on an FRPP 5.0 block myself...

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm really leaning towards the Aluminator.

nice numbers Mike! feel quicker?
and where are you getting 11psi from? Dyno chart reads 12.36...I can see you rounding down to 12psi due to a few spikes, but not 11psi
I know it's not easy to read since the numbers and line is so small. There is a peak of 12.36 lbs but for the most part its only about a lbs more than the previous tune. It's a little bit more than 11 lbs so I just rounded. It feels quicker but not like it was when I went from 463 rwhp to 506 rwhp. I know that I'm not going to be able to do anything on a track unless I get some slicks though .. =/

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
damn dude, you are really making me want to up the boost on my car...

if i throw the 3.4" pulley, i should be around 510rwhp 470rwtq @8psi

you think that is too much? I will either be tuned at ST motorsports or RET so the tune will be spot on

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I'm really leaning towards the Aluminator.

I've been looking at the aluminator and Livernois, but I'm leaning Livernois do to the extra mile they go.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts