Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello ive been wanting a mustang for years and i finally got one. after months of looking i picked up a 1993 notchback black on black 5.0 5 speed. its a bone stock motor but it with some extra speed parts. such as TFS stage 2 cam gt40 heads and intake , 1.7 rockers and some longtube headers. im not a stranger to the 5.0, i also have an 89 f150 thats built up and and it rips pretty good. my question is with those parts on it, how fast would it be? or are those parts going to play nice with eachother? i want parts that are all going to work well together. i hope that with those parts it could smoke my 3800 pound truck.

thanks for any advice

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
That cam is a poor match for those heads. Too much lift. If you EVER want to sell that car contact me first. Sounds like a nice ride.

·
Exhaust fume addict
1,526 Posts
How sure are you on the cam?

Sounds like a good setup. If you have gears and chassis mods to get it to hook up it should be a 12 second ride easy

Stock heads on the truck??? You will eat its lunch, well eat your own lunch

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
would maybe be going to a TFS stage 1 be better.? for reliability reasons. i paid 4 grand for it and its rust free and ready to go, but i cant resist the urge to build this one up. the truck right now smokes it, that 5.0 is basically all done up. the heads are not stock btw they are gt40 heads, its cammed, has a custom bent exhaust with long tubes a built up AOD and 4.10 gears. that thing rips.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
The mustang ^

·
Registered
842 Posts
please clarafy.
are said parts installed in running car ? or. did you buy a car with the cam and heads, and rockers extra? just asking, because i doint think u can run those heads, that cam, and 1.7's. without notching the pistons. i think its close with a tfs stage 1 and 1.7's

·
Drunk On Arrival...
1,083 Posts
please clarafy.
are said parts installed in running car ? or. did you buy a car with the cam and heads, and rockers extra? just asking, because i doint think u can run those heads, that cam, and 1.7's. without notching the pistons. i think its close with a tfs stage 1 and 1.7's
This...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well not at the moment, haha I want to at least put on those parts ad beat on it a bit before id want to sell it. Ive wanted this car for a long time.

·
PhD in Procrastinology
4,897 Posts
Jealous guy right here. I haven't even seen it but a stock, unmolested fox is a keeper.

·
Registered
842 Posts
pretty sure you will need to either switch to the stage 1 cam (better match to the p heads) or trade the 1.7's for some 1.6's

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
Stage 1 will be best with 1..6 rockers. Stage 2 is not going to work well if at all with that combo. Bigger is not better.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Vary nice car

1 - 20 of 24 Posts