Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Alrighty, I just bought a 2006 v6 (manual trans) and I've recently discovered this site while surfing around lately for information about mods. I have so many questions that I don't really know where to start. First off, I have been going back and forth between what is next, either new wheels/tires (I had 18" FR500s in mind - black with a polished lip) or a dual exhaust conversion.

My question for the new wheels would be: Would I need new sensors for each wheel since I think I'd be going from a 16" to an 18" wheel? Are the sensors based on size/weight? not sure :( Also, would the 18" wheels need a suspension upgrade due to the increase in overall weight?

As for the exhaust: Would it be smart for me to do dual cat-backs or true dual exhaust on a v6? Should I go with an X/H pipe or stick with the Y-pipe? And if I did switch to a X/H pipe, would I lose power? (definitely concerned about this especially lol)

I know that I won't be able to achieve the v8 sound but I just want a decent sound at idle :cool:

2005-09 Mustang Magnaflow 4.0L V6 Dual Exhaust System

This would be the exhaust kit I had been looking at earlier however the Ypipe scares me alittle due to my lack of information/knowledge base on the subject lol.

Any advice on some nice sounding v6 dual kits would be awesome. Also any tips on exhaust shops would be cool also :)

Pics of what I've done so far. Not much, just added the stripes, Mustang windshield decal, put a viper security alarm in, and added the street scene fog light center grille.

·
Registered
21 Posts
For the exhaust I'd go with the Pypes Dual Exhaust Conversion Kit from americanmuscle.com, thats what i have and the sound is awesome! And theres no need to worry about losing power, I would say it gives you about 2-5 hp.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I got mine from newtakeoff.com, it is a complete kit and decent price with GT mufflers, everything else is made by Pypes. Sounds great too.

Regarding the sensors, you can either have the ones on your stock wheels removed and put in your new wheels or purchase new ones for the new wheels, or do like I do during the 9 months out of the year I have my aftermarket wheels on just deal with the light on the dash.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Think I could put the pypes kit on myself with 2 ramps and minimal experience? Or should I take it to a shop. It doesn't seem too difficult since it is all bolt on, I'm just worried it the pipes don't match up =/

Then adding pipe/welding could occur?

·
Registered
21 Posts
All you have to do for the pypes kit is cut right after the cats and clamp, its pretty simple, i took mine to a shop though cause I didnt want to mess anything up or have exhaust leaks, the pipes will match up if you measure twice and cut once haha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts