Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm getting ready to put away the 'stang for the winter (seeing as it is already snowing in CT) and one winter mod I would like to do is a new wheel/tire package plus perhaps a new suspension/lowering package. I saw the Saleen suspension package at Brenspeed that looked like a good deal: Saleen Suspension Package Mustang GT (05-10)

So I liked that. Then I want 18x10 deep dish chrome bullits out back and 18x9 deep dish chrome bullits up front. I was also thinking 285/40/18 out back and 255/45/18 up front.

So, to the question. I know these tires will fit stock, but will they still fit with a lowering kit? If not, any recommendations? Suggestions welcome. :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Exact setup I used to have on my Shelby GT which is lowered 1.5" and they fit fine.

·
Registered
600 Posts
tell me about it! its not even freakin thanksgiving yet and its snowing! i pretty much have the lowest spring setup you can go..as far as ive seen..with 18x9/18x10 255/285...and i havent had any problems..i think jucostud is even running 305+ on his rears with 20s and he was dropped quite a bit as well

·
Registered
600 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They will fit fine, but pass on the Saleen suspension, there is much better stuff to be had.
Yeah I was just looking at that because it was a matched kit at a reasonable price, I am open to suggestions. In particular, since I have a convertible I don't want something too stiff because I think it will mess up my ride. So any convertible owners out there that can recommend suspension lowering kits, I am all ears.

·
babe, let's get packed
2,034 Posts
They will fit fine, but pass on the Saleen suspension, there is much better stuff to be had.
The Convertible is gonna ride and sit different than the coupe. I did some checking around before I purchased, and I don't know about the Saleen, but I got first hand that Steeda springs were the wrong choice. Heard good things about Vogtland and Roush on verts...

...I went with the Roush springs, Koni adjustable shocks/struts, Edelbrock 3-pt brace and 285/40/18 on back, 255/45/18 front and it's a good combo. :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi,

Let me start by introducing myself, my name is jorge and I am from south texas. I just recently bought myself a used mustang and my first car. It is a 2006 GT Convertible. I have always owned trucks and last thing I owned was a 2003 Wrangler. I was wondering if anyone could help me out on a quick question?

I was planning on purchasing the package below from cruizin concepts and was wondering how much of a lowering kit I could do?

255/35ZR/20 Toyo Proxes 4 High Performance Tires
295/30ZR/20 Toyo Proxes 4 High Performance Tires
05-UP 20X8.5 & 20X10 BLACK CHROME BULLITT MOTORSPORT DEEP DISH STYLE WHEELS

I would appreciate any information you could offer and Thanks in advance for the help.

Jorge

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The Convertible is gonna ride and sit different than the coupe. I did some checking around before I purchased, and I don't know about the Saleen, but I got first hand that Steeda springs were the wrong choice. Heard good things about Vogtland and Roush on verts...

...I went with the Roush springs, Koni adjustable shocks/struts, Edelbrock 3-pt brace and 285/40/18 on back, 255/45/18 front and it's a good combo. :)
Thanks Margarita Girl. I know the 'vert suspension is entirely a different animal than a coupe. I'll probably go with your recommendation. Plus I can probably do it piece by piece.

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
Hi,

Let me start by introducing myself, my name is jorge and I am from south texas. I just recently bought myself a used mustang and my first car. It is a 2006 GT Convertible. I have always owned trucks and last thing I owned was a 2003 Wrangler. I was wondering if anyone could help me out on a quick question?

I was planning on purchasing the package below from cruizin concepts and was wondering how much of a lowering kit I could do?

I would appreciate any information you could offer and Thanks in advance for the help.

Jorge
cruizin conceptz is legit, but their customer service is kinda dumb. i mean, they're helpful, but they don't know **** lol.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Hi,

Jorge
depends on how low you wanna go. I had the same size wheels and tires..infact the exact same tires. I had a BMR lowering kit and it was fine...some guys use the eibach sportlines which drop the car a little further. Not sure if they are any different for convertibles. I think you'd be fine with the BMR kit though

·
Just A Girl
8,841 Posts
Vert owner here - I've got the deep dish in the back as well - used the Eibach Pro Kit and LOVE IT. After lowering it, you won't notice a stiffer ride but you will notice a more controlled ride. I take curvy roads to work every day and pray there isn't anyone around when I hit the curves. I can usually double a speed limit around them easily because the car handles so well now.

Chill out guys...I do it safely ;)

·
babe, let's get packed
2,034 Posts
Hi,

Jorge
I've got the Toyo T1R Proxes but not on 20's. They grip the road well on dry pavement (I do not drive the stang in rain/snow.)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts