Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i'm 15 and just bought a 73 mustang grande to "fix up." It runs fine, but could use some work. its a 351 Cleveland 2v. From what i've read it's supposed to get 177hp. I don't think the previous owners have messed around with it too much, but the rear end is jacked up a couple inches. So here are my questions.
1 - Can I stick a 4 barrel on it? i've heard yes and no.
2 - how can I get more out of it?

I haven't done a whole lot with cars so if you could use small words and type slow that would be appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Welcome to MM Forums...

Yes you can put a 4V carb on it.

here is the intake you need.

it is a 4V intake for 2V C heads

Intake Gasket Set

here is that carb you need.

The other thing you can do is add 3:55 gears to it.

While you have the intake off,

Here is a Cam that would help alot

Parts at Summit

If you can this is what I would add.

Good Luck , Let me know if you need to know more.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are all of those links the right specs for my car? And the set in the bottom picture includes cams so I wouldn't need to buy the seperate cams you posted right?
Thanks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just came up 3 more questions. I heard someone say they have a C-6 on their 73 mustang. what does that mean? Is it possible to put a manual transmission in and if so how expensive would that be? last, Is it possible to replace the pedal brake with a handbrake?
Thanks for all the help.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
C-6 is Ford heavy duty auto Transmission, used on 351 to 460's
FMX is the medium duty one "no one like" used on 351's
C-4 is the light duty one, used on 6cyl to 302's. But used by alot of drag racers.

you can put put any transmission in your car 3,4,5,6 speed manuals transmission.

It just cost some money to do so. about 1k to 3k to convert over to a manual shift.

hand brake? just wondering why. I could see if there was a handicap. But yes you can but it would cost a lot to change everything.

You can change the parking brake over to a hand brake pretty easy, just go to a salvage and put a set up out of a car.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Alright, I think I got most of that...
Your saying It is possible to put a manual transmission in, there are 3 types and it costs 1 - 3k to do so. Its pretty easy to put a handbrake in but expensive. What do you mean by going to a salvage yard and "put a set up out of a car"? Also, how much would you estimate it would cost to change over to a handbrake?

Thanks for all of your help.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I also had a couple questions about the exterior and interior. I guess I have a 73' Grande Deluxe. I know that the door panels have carpet on them but is there anything else the Deluxe has specific? (ie. emblems, console differences...)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts