Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone, I just got my '07 GT about 3 weeks ago and have been lurking around the forum since then. I've already spent about 100hrs on here learning about this car (it's my first mustang).
I'm just starting to mod the car, it's bone stock except for flowmaster axel backs. I'm assuming an intake/tune would be the next step. I'd also like it to be a little louder but since this is my daily driver (about 30k a year) I don't want it to be abnoxiously loud. Any suggestions as to what's the best bang for the buck performance/sound upgrades would be greatly appreciated.

Also, are there any guys on here that are in CT? more specifically southeastern CT?

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
Hi everyone, I just got my '07 GT about 3 weeks ago and have been lurking around the forum since then. I've already spent about 100hrs on here learning about this car (it's my first mustang).
I'm just starting to mod the car, it's bone stock except for flowmaster axel backs. I'm assuming an intake/tune would be the next step. I'd also like it to be a little louder but since this is my daily driver (about 30k a year) I don't want it to be abnoxiously loud. Any suggestions as to what's the best bang for the buck performance/sound upgrades would be greatly appreciated.

Also, are there any guys on here that are in CT? more specifically southeastern CT?
Welcome to MM!

Intake and tune are definitely the place to start.

If you want the car louder but don't really want to get into too much work, give Pype Bombs a try. They sound awesome on the car and are pretty mild until you romp on it. They would replace your flows though. Or just do long tubes and an off road mid-pipe.

·
3v reppin'
3,454 Posts
CAI and tune and GEARS... Being honest, the gears gave me the most noticeable difference. I did 3:73's and I love them.

Welcome to MM and to being broke for the rest of your mustang owning days.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
in this order:

cai/tuner combo
gears
exhaust- long tubes, midpipe, and if you still don't like the sound change your mufflers.

thanks for letting me spend about 2 grand of your money

·
3v reppin'
3,454 Posts
in this order:

cai/tuner combo
gears
exhaust- long tubes, midpipe, and if you still don't like the sound change your mufflers.

thanks for letting me spend about 2 grand of your money
I agree with psycho. I still gotta get some LT's though.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
10,234 Posts
the shaker looks awesome, but does virtually nothing for gains. unless of course you go with the saleen super shaker, but of course it would since it's a sc'er.

if you like the look of it go for it, but don't expect to get the performance of a jlt or c&l

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My thinking is that I'll still get a CAI and pipe the shaker air outlet through the heat shield of the cai. best of both worlds? I don't see why that wouldn't work...

·
10,234 Posts
does seem like it would, but results over the last 4 or 5 years are hard to argue with. like i said if you want it for the look then get it. if you want it for the gains then don't

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah, I think I'm going to hold off on the shaker for now. I'm looking at the SCT tuner and a CAI to go along with it. That should hold me over for a while hopefully. Thanks for the input :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts