Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i'm new to the site and new to the 4.6 cars.i have a 99GT thats an automatic car.i was wondering what gear works good in these cars?it has full exhaust,headers,cold air itake (fenderwell mount) and throttle body.i heard that these cars love 4.10's how true is this? thanks for the input BTW :)

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
You def want 4.10s in an auto no doubt. You will be very happy with them. I might be going 4.30s, if not then I will be going 4.10s.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Hey guys i'm new to the site and new to the 4.6 cars.i have a 99GT thats an automatic car.i was wondering what gear works good in these cars?it has full exhaust,headers,cold air itake (fenderwell mount) and throttle body.i heard that these cars love 4.10's how true is this? thanks for the input BTW :)
3.73 or 4.10's. You wont find one person who complains about their 4.10's if that helps at all. You'll find a big difference in acceleration. They acually are a really good mod for the price. even after a labor charge. its still well worth it. Id say go for it if you have the money. i think its around 500 total with labor. not too bad. Maybe less. The gas milage may hurt you though. i think 45mph is around 2,000 RPM or something liek that in 5th gear maybe. Not positive. maybe even 1700. not really sure. im sure someone else on here will know

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
4.10 /thread

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
3.73 or 4.10's. You wont find one person who complains about their 4.10's if that helps at all. You'll find a big difference in acceleration. They acually are a really good mod for the price. even after a labor charge. its still well worth it. Id say go for it if you have the money. i think its around 500 total with labor. not too bad. Maybe less. The gas milage may hurt you though. i think 45mph is around 2,000 RPM or something liek that in 5th gear maybe. Not positive. maybe even 1700. not really sure. im sure someone else on here will know
His car is an auto

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks alot fellas,you talked me into it LOL!! i have herd these cars love 4.10s and i want to change the gear.how bad does it tach in drive??

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
itll raise your revs about 300 rpm

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
i honestly dont know i dont have an auto, but you should probably use od all the time if your going for mpgs, anywyas itll raise your revs about 300 rpm

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
4.10's are the ****, dont fear the gear.

i think 4.30's are a little overkill though.
The reason I want 4.30s is because I'm building for a TT setup. But since I have twins due in a few months, this is a looooong term goal. So for now I might go 4.30s 'cause even if I do get say 315 rwhp, the track I live by is at 6000 ft which translates to about 258 rwhp which I think is good for 4.30s. Then, many years from now, I will change my gears to 3.73s or 3.55s when I get the TT setup.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts