Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
2003 Azura Sold
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally back in a mach a year after selling my 03 Azure Blue Procharged mach. Picked up a 03 Mach Featured in Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine in April of 2008. Its a fully built and stroked with a Kenne Bell 2.1. Heres the magazine link. 2004 Mach 1 - Shot Heard 'Round The World

Bought the car from the original owner, Doyle Riley, with 30k on it. What yall think? 570rwhp on 15 lbs of boost, should i bring it down to 13 lbs?

·
Registered
892 Posts
I remember reading about that car. Nice looking ride.

Not a fan of the outside look mods, but performance wise its spot on.

imo little overdone in the 'show' department. I mean 6 extra gauges? Got a gauge to tell you all your gauges are working? Yo Dawg......

Have fun with it though, looks like a really well thought out car, and a fun one to drive as well.

How much you get it for?

·
I Blumpkin Entirely Way Too Much
6,802 Posts
Kinda going to agree with Glittle.. Thats alot of gauges in there.. and a few things here and there i would change if it were mine... but other then that, great looking car man! congrats...

And if its fully built and stroked, no, i would not turn the boost down to 13..

·
Want Camels?
1,041 Posts
The car didn't come with the girl? :shiftyeyes

I really love the car looks amazing man

Back to topic, where is the girl? :shiftyeyes

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
I like it...Same interior setup I had...I would change the rims to something that flows better with the car...

·
2003 Azura Sold
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks guys. Wanted to swap the wing for a cobra trunk lip, and change the wheels to fr500s, just not sure on the finish. Was leaning with black chrome, but gun metal is another option.

·
2003 Azura Sold
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
"Back to topic, where is the girl?"
The seller told me his wife didnt come with the car ;) retired LAPD, awesome guy.
Had to settle for just the mach!

·
2003 Azura Sold
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
One issue, i live in Cali, smog needs to be done. If i swap out to stock headers, will i pass?

oh and it cost me a pretty penny

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
looks nice, only thing i'd really change are the wheels and do something with those horrible coil covers. the gray clashes horribly against the red valve covers. i'd paint them black or look into the ford racing ones. gauges seems very excessive also lol, what are all the gauges for?

·
Registered
53 Posts
OP, i would agree on turning down the boost....other than that...:drool

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
I like the car man. Is the roof stripe painted on or is it vinyl? I've been thinking of getting some vinyl cut to see if I like it on my roof as well.

Is there a reason you wanna turn down the boost? The motor is built for it, honestly 15 lbs should be safe on a built engine (assuming it was built right).

What are the gauges for. I'm all for having the necessary gauges when you build/boost something but those gauges in the glove box. . . You can't even use them while driving, lol.

Comonnnnn tell us how much you paid. I'm actually really interested. That's a built low mileage Mach. Couldn't of been cheap.

Also black chrome ftw!

·
Wanna be show worthy.
11,838 Posts
For smog you're going to need a carb sticker for that intake, carb sticker for that blower, you're going to need the stock headers, you're going to need the stock midpipe (assuming its gone as well) and you're going to need your 02s working (assuming they were turned off in the tune), you'll also need all the smog equipment, egr, etc.. Or just find someone that'll "smog it" if you know what I mean.

Sent from my LG-E739 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
For smog you're going to need a carb sticker for that intake, carb sticker for that blower, you're going to need the stock headers, you're going to need the stock midpipe (assuming its gone as well) and you're going to need your 02s working (assuming they were turned off in the tune), you'll also need all the smog equipment, egr, etc.. Or just find someone that'll "smog it" if you know what I mean.

Sent from my LG-E739 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
You should be able to use any x/h-pipe with cats in it. . . Doesn't have to be stock.

·
Registered
254 Posts
If it's built, why do you want to drop the boost level?
Yeah, too many gauges. Not diggin the exterior mods or the non-factory seats, but that just my style. Really clean looking. Built rear end? How much did she run you?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts