Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a SCT X3 tuner with some brenspeed custom tunes. I currently have one of the custom tunes loaded. I just got the rear gears changed to 4:10 and need to adjust the gear ratio. My question is this.

After I plug in the X3 and get to the menu where I can set the correct ratio, that has only adjusted the configuration of the tune in the X3, right? I then need to upload that adjusted tune with the new gear ratios to the car? Do I need to first reload the stock tune into the car, then adjust the performance tune in the X3 with the correct ratio, then reload the performance tune with the now correct gear ratio in it to the car? Thanks in advance for any help

·
All Homo All The Time
2,917 Posts
So I have a SCT X3 tuner with some brenspeed custom tunes. I currently have one of the custom tunes loaded. I just got the rear gears changed to 4:10 and need to adjust the gear ratio. My question is this.

After I plug in the X3 and get to the menu where I can set the correct ratio, that has only adjusted the configuration of the tune in the X3, right? I then need to upload that adjusted tune with the new gear ratios to the car? Do I need to first reload the stock tune into the car, then adjust the performance tune in the X3 with the correct ratio, then reload the performance tune with the now correct gear ratio in it to the car? Thanks in advance for any help
If you have a custom tune you will have to go to your tuner and have him adjust and load a new tune.

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
If you have a custom tune you will have to go to your tuner and have him adjust and load a new tune.
Depends on the tuner. Some tuners let you change certain parameters and some lock you out.

OP just go to load custom tune and it will ask you if you want to make changes to that tune. Just say yes and change your gear ratio (if it's available) and then load the tune. No need to go back to stock or anything. If the gear ratio is locked out you can change your speedo through tire revs per mile but in most cases the user parmeters are either all open or all closed.

·
All Homo All The Time
2,917 Posts
I went through this same issue a month ago when my tuner didn’t know I had 3.73 and when he tuned for my supercharger, went back to stock 3.27. I have a X3 also and No option to change anything on the custom tune. My tuner change it on his laptop and I loaded the new tune in the car.

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
I went through this same issue a month ago when my tuner didn’t know I had 3.73 and when he tuned for my supercharger, went back to stock 3.27. I have a X3 also and No option to change anything on the custom tune. My tuner change it on his laptop and I loaded the new tune in the car.
Yeah, my Shelby tune has me locked out but with my Lund tune I have all of the user parameters available. Depends on the tuner. I guess you could always ask about opening them up if you're locked out but some won't because they don't want you messing with fuel trims or timing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts