Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the difference between a 5.0L and a 5.0L HO ?? is the HO stronger? plz answer im asking people around here and no one knows...

·
Banned
1,598 Posts
5.0 is typically just a 302 c.i.d engine. H.O stands for High Output. the H.O has a bigger cam, factory headers, better flowing heads and forged internals.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
5.0 is typically just a 302 c.i.d engine. H.O stands for High Output. the H.O has a bigger cam, factory headers, better flowing heads and forged internals.
yeah better flowing heads hahaha than a tree....

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
and it has a different firing order than the regular 302 right

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
yeah, so they say.
between the stock heads and stock intake i really cant tell which is worse..thats why these cars respond SO well to H/C/I

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
and it has a different firing order than the regular 302 right
yes the HO has a different firing order than the regular 5oh...anyone ever notice while ordering some parts at the bottom is said **except for the 5.0 HO's...wtf is that deal

·
Banned
1,598 Posts
wikipedia:
In 1985, the Mustang GT got the exclusive 302 cu in (4.9 L) - named 5.0 L High Output - engine with new E5 cylinder heads, a Holley 4-barrel carburetor, a new and more aggressive roller camshaft (only in models with the manual transmission), a new intake manifold, less restrictive exhaust manifolds, and a pseudo dual exhaust which brought more power to a conservatively rated 210 hp (157 kW) engine.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
wikipedia:
In 1985, the Mustang GT got the exclusive 302 cu in (4.9 L) - named 5.0 L High Output - engine with new E5 cylinder heads, a Holley 4-barrel carburetor, a new and more aggressive roller camshaft (only in models with the manual transmission), a new intake manifold, less restrictive exhaust manifolds, and a pseudo dual exhaust which brought more power to a conservatively rated 210 hp (157 kW) engine.
power to a whopping 210hp....HAHAHA thats funny...pseudo exhuast? must be mexican...haha jp MX...

thats the E5's which arent any better than these E7's but these E7's royally suck ass...they should have come from the factory like this

holley 650cfm double pumper
air gap performer rpm intake
edlebrock performer rpm heads
1.7 roller rockers
custom grind cam (big lift and duration)
long tubes
flowmaster dual exhuast...and 3:73's

thats so much better than this stupid stock set-up..HAHAH

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
actually its rated like 300 lb ft of torque.......and speedy.....if they all had that setup it would be considered a custom grind cam because it came in a production vehicle.....duh:eek:.....jk

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
another difference between the HO and non-HO motors is the rotating assembly. The HO motors have a lighter rotating assembly with a larger imbalance. the blocks also have taller lifter bores, early blocks, the lifter bores are too short for the ford style hydraulic roller lifters...

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
I sorry to say this but for a bone stock 88-89 Stang HO, at least they are faster than some of the newer mustangs the put out now. Yeah the newer may be more hp, but they sure as hell take a while to get to the horsepower they advertised. Don't get me started with the GT350.. No seriously don't, I rode in one once and I was not impressed, loved the leather seats, when you fart on them, it actually make this loud loud popping sound.

I'd love to ride in an orginal GT40 though

1 - 16 of 16 Posts