Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, time for a bit of a vent.... I bought a clean slightly modded 91 GT. The previous owner was in the middle of making it an LX, for whatever reason... Fine with me, the ground effects don't make it faster... The mods I have figured out are in my signature, but how/where do you guys begin when you buy a modded stang? And is there a rule of thumb for bolt-ons, such as if it has this, then you should do that... In other words, I don't want to chase my tail getting this thing up to snuff... Thanks for reading and I respect all of your years of knowledge!

·
Registered
778 Posts
What are you looking to spend and what are you planning to do with the car?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Plan is to just play with it. I really don't have a budget, but at the same time i don't want to have 10 grand in a 5000 car.. KWIM?

·
Registered
778 Posts
I'm sure most people will point you to a H/C/I build, if that's not enough, juice or boost on top.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm sure most people will point you to a H/C/I build, if that's not enough, juice or boost on top.
I'm with ya there... I was looking int o that today. I'm just frustrated as to where to start... With the mods it has, they didn't upgrade the MAF or the TB, so it is really confusing as to where they left off.... I know the SMOG and PCV has all been gutted, no AC, stock injectors, 190 fuel pump, full length bbk headers, stock pulleys, some sort of cam (was told E303), and as far as I know stock heads. The thing runs retardedly fast now... but I just want things to be done right, in the right order...

·
Registered
778 Posts
If you think it runs fast now, wait till' you get some decent heads

·
Registered
342 Posts
head ftw

·
Registered
342 Posts
grab a set of 3.73s or 4.11s , best bang for the buck

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's already got 373's in it.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Subframe connectors are a must. Start there. Underdrive pulleys and electric fan. That intake will accept a 70mm throttle body and for the mass air meter, I would find one at least 75mm or larger in case you change the intake to one that will accept a 75mm throttle body. And stay away from the C&L Maf meters, nothing but issues. If it were me, I would get one that is calibrated for 24lb/hr and get the matching fuel injectors too, if you are planning on a good set of heads in the future. That way you won't be buying one twice.

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,965 Posts
This^ And look at an anderson ford Powerpipe with an 80mm ProM maf. Cal it for 24's and get a set of 24's for it so you'll have the fuel as you make more power. Get a good cam intake and set of heads, TFS twisted wedge HCI kits are hard to beat price wise and come with everything.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys! Def put me in the right direction! One other question. In 4th or 5th gear it has a noticeable vibration, if I depress the clutch, it goes away. It has a new clutch. Any ideas? It only happens at speeds of 60+

1 - 13 of 13 Posts