Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I'm New to the whole mustang thing. I'm replacing my G35 due to the car is just wearing out, and 07-09 GTs are in my price range. Question is this a GT... Used 2009 Ford Mustang for sale in Wyoming - Fremont Motor Riverton - Riverton Wyoming - 1ZVHT82HX95134460

Main question, is there a difference between 07 and 09? I know the tranny and motor are the same. So I guess interior differences?

Anyway I had one buddy in high school that had an 08 GT and I think the only issue he had was alternator. So I guess I'm looking to for common issues for the 07s and 09s as well.

Thanks for the help guys!

Austin J

·
Noob
828 Posts
Welcome to the mustang world!

Yes that is a GT. But that price is insane... You can easily buy a GT for 15,000 the most with very low miles.

07 and 09 should be pretty much the same thing

·
Registered
402 Posts
The only differences are the badges (07s have GTs and 09s have anniversary badges) as well as the intake runner control plates being built in to the manifold on 09s vs being removable on 07s. I think those are the only differences but to speak subjectively, the later the model year for a common model, the more "kinks" have always worked out. Along those lines, the 07 has a bad spark plug design where they break off in the heads if not changed early. Mid 08 and later had a "better" design which are less inclined to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
483 Posts
Welcome! Yes it is a GT.

Those aftermarket wheels on it just look strange. Almost like they're undersized in both diameter and width. They look like they sit deeper in the wheelwells than the stockers would have.

The side scoops, both behind the door and over the rear glass are non-OEM items, the one behind the door is one I've never seen, it's personal taste whether you like them or not. The hood and rear spoiler look like GT500 pieces or knock-offs of them.

The 07-09 models were all essentially the same. The only issues we've had with our 07 has been the alternator went out and the fastener for the positive battery cable. The cable end corroded through and we had to replace the cable assembly.

·
Registered
354 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
^ I agree - it's 2 grand over KBB value. If you can talk them down a ways it might be worth it.

·
Noob
828 Posts
The mileage is amazing but yes that is waayyy over priced.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts