Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everybody my first mustang I'm so glad I brought it no matter what everybody kept sayin insurance will eat my wallet and mods so what I'm already hooked, it did pulled so hard and fun! Until i burnt clutch :'( I'm getting me one in few hour then off to sactown from bay area to swap in clutch. I might do stock or metal qurarant because I think original one is stripped caused me burnt the clutch. Here a video of my mustang help me out I'm not really sure what exactly mods I have on it.

THANKS IN ADVANCE EVERYBODY.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Welcome aboard,
I suggest picking up an adjustable clutch cable from steeda, comes with metal quadrant and adjuster on the firewall so you can pop open the hood and tighten or loosen it as needed.

·
Want Camels?
1,041 Posts
Not a good start with a Mustang, welcome to MM

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bhd, What u means not good start?

Thanks pelley.

·
Want Camels?
1,041 Posts
burning the clutch, it happens buddy

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Oh no it was kinda of on purpose I brought it knew clutch cable or it was qurarant was bad so first thing I gave it a click to loose cable lil bit n clutch can move lil bit not too tight so it did ran very good until I got stupid mad at a guy in mustang (95ish's) too for burnout next to me so I raced him and smoked him ;). Den bam, hella smokes come out from underneath car where bellhousing is so I knew clutch is done and I was right as u can hear on video.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Is that one of those brand new invisible steering wheels ?

You should go to the junk yard and get a fan shroud.

Welcome to the mustang club and to the forum

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks. LOL nope its quick release it was in there as it but hell I'm so glad cuz 2 weeks ago 3 mustang was stolen n found in Oakland, I'm gud to go nobody can try steal my mustang. why I needs shroud for? I'm plan to add electric fan once I got clutch straight out.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
^lol

And a fan needs a shroud to run properly, I didn't have one when I bought my stang,
And it definitely helps

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jus bear wit me I know I sucks at grammer Jus cuz I'm deaf, yea deaf always is 30% lower on vocabulary so yea thanks lame. So yall seen video it sounds good beside clutch slipping&chatter. I needs to do the valve seals anyone have it guide to remove the springs? Once both is done then should be good to go, I'm not sure about what cam I have I bet its stock?

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
Jus bear wit me I know I sucks at grammer Jus cuz I'm deaf, yea deaf always is 30% lower on vocabulary so yea thanks lame. So yall seen video it sounds good beside clutch slipping&chatter. I needs to do the valve seals anyone have it guide to remove the springs? Once both is done then should be good to go, I'm not sure about what cam I have I bet its stock?
Hey man don't sweat it, everybody on here gives each other a hard time. These guys will bang on you in one post then really help you in another. It's all in good fun :)Welcome aboard man. Get the clutch sorted out and a take look though the other systems to make sure everything is ready to go before you start flogging it. And like Pelley said, you NEED a shroud for proper cooling.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Thanks fox I appreciate it. I'm suprise about shroud when I had uugh v6 carb camshitaro dunt ask me y i had it. I took shroud off and it just never go over 200 dergee. I bet the ivac is dirty, Jus need to clean it out and see if it fixs the jumping rpm issue. BTW I heard it can be caused by using 75mm TB which is Interesting because I want it to be n/a for now since I did thouht of supercharge it in future no nos for me feels lik I'm pussy having extra quick boost if Im losing.

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
Yeah I like the idea of the constant power of a supercharger over NOS. For dragging though NOS seems to be the cheapest route to take. There are some guys on here with quick cars running just NOS and suspension. I have seen dual electric fans with no shroud but an electric fan set up would probably be one of the last things I did. It looks like you already have an aluminum radiator? I would just go to a junk yard or look on line for a shroud for now, especially if you are going to be pushing the car. Spend your money on the other mods you want. 75 mm t body is big for a stock intake.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Nope radiator is stock. Idk why the previous owner who did the rebuilt done it half ass at least bottom end looks new Jus rear main bearing is leaking into bell housing. Valve cover Gasket n seals is leaking it smokes blue every time at stop when I'm cruising no smokes so I'm assume seals not rings thanks god. stock headers looks beat up. Transmission is kinda normal stiff u can change gears no problem when its off. It starts every day no problem only Wen its parked overnight the 1st start will die immediately when it fire up then 2nd one no problem stay at 1k rpm few min then jumping as u can see video.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh no thanks, i can find one in a heartbeat lol. U have no idea how many mustang we all have out here its everywhere. That was one of reason why I didn't buy mustang cuz I wanted to be different but i Jus wantd to keep it simple cuz only car lastted me the longest 2 yrs is freaking Saturn -_-. How could I never knew there was such street racing 3 years later (was living in sactown) so i started with 92' supra turbo pushed 300hp but bhg, then 240sx but bent strunt from drifting first time so I traded for camshitaro planned install turbo but too much bad experiences n crashes it so here we go first mustang for me hope it will last years!! I'm never going to sell mustang yeah I said it never like my caddy deville 86 the rare year ever :)

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Is it possible you could first type your post in Microsoft word with spell check then copy and paste it?

Fan - shroud + bling = strangulation.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts