Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i'm sure you all haven't missed me much, just wanted to let you know whats going on. Currently putting the new engine build into motion. Got an 88 TC 2.3L motor with computer and harnress getting setup to be installed in my mustang. We're rebuilding the t3 turbo and installing a isuzu front mount intercoolorer. The N/A 2.3L will not be dyno'd before this motor is installed unless I get lucky and hit a pocket of free time. Pics and videos soon to come of everything, hopefully if all goes right the motor will be in and making the car moving on the weekend of march 8th, updates will be coming as much as I get new info.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pics are soon to come turbo yes I know. Currently the 2.3T is in my car. We've got the bone stock motor, front mount isuzu intercooler, 5.0 throttle body with adapter, gutted upper intake, rebuild and somewhat tweaked t3/t4 hybrid, 2.5 IC piping, along with a blow off valve. I'm running I believe the LA2 cpu and i'm using the 3" vane meter. Currently the exhaust housing is a temp setup, gonna weld 2 of the bolt holes shut thursday to allow for more boost build up but right now i'm only able to build about 5-7psi due to the exhaust leak till we can get the holes shut or get a different housing. Also gotta fix the oil return line from the turbo since its kinking up on the wastegate bar causing oil build up and going through the seals on the turbo = loads of smoke. Other than that the car is running pretty good. Also what should I set the plug gapping to? Once we get the exhaust housing fixed i'm gonna be building anywhere from 15-25psi depending on how retarded I decide to go. Biggest problem I have right now is that the plugs start to foul out after about 4.5k rpms due to either, the custom made tps is moving around or the spark plugs were gapped incorrectly and causing that issue for me. Pics will follow this weekend most likely, maybe a video. :D ME SO HAPPY!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts