Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm ready to do more to my 2003 gt but I don't know what to do next. I would like a sense of direction of what power adders to do next. I am really just interested in low end power. So any suggestions would help.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
as of right now i have 4.10 gears, mac longtubes, prochamber, borla stingers, and bbk cai

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
stay away from cams and a centri blower if you want low end

·
Danger To Manifold
1,488 Posts
Sorry didn't see gears in your mod list.

Yeah stay away from centri and turbo for low end power. You want something like a Kenne bell or tork tech kit.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
anything other than turbos...i understand overall to save up that would be the best but i don't have the money for that right now

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
superchargers i mean..

·
Registered
403 Posts
I think with the set up you have right now, there really is nothing else to pump up your low end WITHOUT adding top end as well, like cams or a bottom end and such. So the only thing you really could do would be to buy a twin screw.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Unfortunately just about any other mod is going to be a waste of money, for what you want out of it. Best thing to do would be to start saving for a KB...Your not going to get much seat of the pants help from anything else

edit: Blue beat me to it!

·
Ginger with No Soul
1,124 Posts
Do you have a tuner yet? I didn't see it listed and something like an SCT Tuner would really wake up your mods with tuning and can update with whatever else you do to your car.

·
Registered
929 Posts
If you still have the factory plenum, it's choking your engine. Especially with the exhaust mods. The factory TB is probably OK with your current mods if you just upgrade the plenum. ProProducts, C&L, TrickFlow.....any would be great, relatively cheap and easy to install. Then I would get a tuner and custom tunes and you're pretty much at the limit in terms of bolt-ons.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
If you still have the factory plenum, it's choking your engine. Especially with the exhaust mods. The factory TB is probably OK with your current mods if you just upgrade the plenum. ProProducts, C&L, TrickFlow.....any would be great, relatively cheap and easy to install. Then I would get a tuner and custom tunes and you're pretty much at the limit in terms of bolt-ons.
The plenum will help...but enough for her to feel while driving. I say tuner and save for FI

·
Registered
929 Posts
Normal driving, no -probably not. But I noticed a definite improvement from ~4500+ going to a TFS on my '04, and all I had was a cat-back & CAI. Since she's got a much better exhaust (LT's, midpipe, etc.) I think the improvement would be more pronounced. I wouldn't spend $300 on an AccuFab, but for $99 new or maybe $50 for a used plenum on eBay, it would be money well spent. It would also be something that will make a difference on the actual tune parameters, and that's why I would spend the $100 (or less if used) on the plenum first, rather than $400 on a tuner.......thats just how I look at it. Otherwise, I agree that a tuner would make the most noticable improvement with her current mods.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't have a tuner.so you guys are thinking I should worry about a tuner and tb/plum next? I was thinking of cammimg it over the summer but am I really gonna see much difference unless I'm going like above 80..

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
I don't have a tuner.so you guys are thinking I should worry about a tuner and tb/plum next? I was thinking of cammimg it over the summer but am I really gonna see much difference unless I'm going like above 80..
you wont like the cams unless you are always in the upper rpms, trust me

however, they are amazing up top

1 - 20 of 68 Posts