Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got newer stock shocks & struts (ok for now).

Did the Eibach lowering springs, full length sub-frame connectors & Caster Camber plates.

While thinking about LCA replacement as the next mod, should I replace the UCA's & quad shocks at the same time (while I'm at it)? Knowing I just want big improvements over the stock suspension (and definitely on a budget), should I shift the dollars towards the LCA'S or spread the love more evenly over the the other components, too. My budget could be $300 for just the LCA's or bit more for kits'/combo. Just looking for best bang for buck mods. 88,000 miles on remaining stock suspension components. I may also toss in a strut tower brace this winter, but that'll prolly be it for this winter.

Thanks for your input!

·
PhD in Procrastinology
4,897 Posts
I've heard mixed reviews on the strut tower brace. I heard that if you're straight line racing there's not much need for one but this is from what I've heard, I've not owned one.
Team Z lower control arm
I just ordered the entire front and rear suspension/k-member kit from these guys...heard it's pretty awesome!! Reasonably priced too.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
I also have heard great things about the team z stuff. I'm deciding between them and UPR for my control arms. But before you decide what your getting what are your overall plans for the car?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
346 Posts
Go with MM XL Full Length Subframe Connectors first. It will make every other mod you throw at it more effective.

He already has full length subframe connectors.

I would go with lower control arms, from MM or Team Z. I don't recall how much i paid for mine so I couldn't tell you if you could afford to do the upper control arms also. I went with UPR double adjustable uppers. I probably wouldn't bother with the strut tower brace, imo.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
He already has full length subframe connectors.

I would go with lower control arms, from MM or Team Z. I don't recall how much i paid for mine so I couldn't tell you if you could afford to do the upper control arms also. I went with UPR double adjustable uppers. I probably wouldn't bother with the strut tower brace, imo.
I believe UPR adjustable upper and lower control arms with spherical bushings is 389?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Save for the maximum motorsports LCAs. Keep your factory uppers, replace the axle bushings and then remove your quad shocks.

Your welcome

Sent from my XT907 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Yah I think I'll really keep pecking away with MM stuff ultimately trying to fulfill their $2400 package? The Road and Track package, but keep my Eibachs and switch to more matched shocks/struts.

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
If you are putting on new upper and lower control arms, then don't waste your money putting the quad shocks back on or replacing them, they are unnecessary once the huge stock front lower ca bushings are gone. They don't help handling a bit. For handling, go with the mm stuff. Too bad HPM is gone, there stuff was the shiznet as well. Check out Kenny Brown's stuff too, heard he was a player again.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
If you are putting on new upper and lower control arms, then don't waste your money putting the quad shocks back on or replacing them, they are unnecessary once the huge stock front lower ca bushings are gone. They don't help handling a bit. For handling, go with the mm stuff. Too bad HPM is gone, there stuff was the shiznet as well. Check out Kenny Brown's stuff too, heard he was a player again.
Kenny Brown makes stuff again. I just got a pair of Kenny Brown flsfc

1 - 14 of 14 Posts