Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I got to the track again I am hoping to add one more mod to get me into the mid / low 13's steadily. To start, I really don't want to do gears right now, and I know that would pretty much guarantee getting those numbers.

Also, I know a set of DR's would do it and I wouldn't mind picking those up for the right price, it is just the practicality of them as I live in a 1 bedroom cramped apartment.

My first time at the track was when I ran a 13.67 at 104.3 MPH. Unfortunatley, I lost the timeslip, but I'm almost positive my 60' was a 2.2.

At that time I had just CAI / Tune. Being that I ran that at 104 MPH, if I really practiced launching I should be able to hit some 13.5's right?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Yeah probably even 13.4 maybe maybe 13.39 on a cool/low humidity night. Look at my times :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not really sure... what was your trap speed youngstang?

I really need to get back out there now that I have more experience with the car and understand the best methods to launch it. I kind of wanted to get an X-Pipe to help just a little more, but from what I've seen it's debatable whether they actually gain HP or not if you just go with a "high flow" catted one.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Just gotta work on the launch. You can see my times below. That was with a 2.01 60ft. Still got a lot left in the launch.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Just gotta work on the launch. You can see my times below. That was with a 2.01 60ft. Still got a lot left in the launch.
Any ride difference with the lowering?....not quite your question but still interested

·
Registered
209 Posts
It is a little stiffer, but much more responsive and not as much body roll in hard cornering. Overall, I love the springs. The look is awesome.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
if you don't have the space to do tires for just the track you could do dr's daily. also you can always be helped out with some lowers and an upper control arm. it really depends on how much you plan on spending and what you are comfortable with. i was planning on doing a nitrous setup because i would be able to use it along with the sc'er. i might still do that after i get back and the bottom end and sc'er are done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts