So far I've got:

Tune
Exhaust
CAI
Suspension

·
Registered
175 Posts
Id say gears, Im sitting same spot as you, finishing up the full exhaust, and got tune + CAI. I really dont want to mess with the intake any more or pullys because Im looking at a supercharger down the line. And from what Ive read, need stock stuff on there or the kits come with new parts. So Gears, thats my plan, Like 2 months its trany fluid and read end change, was going to put my gears in while doing the changes. Just something to think about.

Tony

·
Registered
748 Posts
underdrive pullies or upper plenum....save the gears until you can do a 31 spline conversion and new differential. IMO

·
Registered
98 Posts
i agree with waiting on a rearend build to fool with the gears. shifter is what i would say because u are directly using that item every day. i have a mgw and love the heck out of it.

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
plenum/TB and pullies dont do anything for these 2vs. my friend has full bolt ons and barely outruns me with my jlt. if he had steeper gears that would be a different story.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
im being the oddball and voting tb/plenum because you've already got a cai and full exhaust.. a tb and plenum would help.. if your car breathes better it will make more power, that's simple. if you are planning on f/i i say wait on the gears till you have a 31 spline build.. that's what im having to make myself do every time i see a thread on gears lol

·
Registered
248 Posts
GEARS, GEARS, GEARS will make the most noticable differance in the way the car performes other than most any other mod other than a supercharger or turbo.

·
Registered
175 Posts
plenum/TB and pullies dont do anything for these 2vs.

I have heard this also, after doing full exhaust everything else will only add 5-10hp to the crank. 200-400 bucks for that? Dont seem right unless you are going all out at the track.

Id say gears and shifter, wow theres 400-500 bucks easy.

Or hell, get some nice rims that don't weight a ton :cool:, thats my plan after the top two.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts