Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I Blumpkin Entirely Way Too Much
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at doing another motor build for the mustang. Dont need to, but would like to. for a while i had considered just adding a supercharger to my current build. But the more i think about it, i looooove n/a.

I've read where alot of people have been doing the 5.4L swap, has anyone here done a stroked version of the 5.4L? Also, would my 4.6L heads work on this motor? because i have stage 2 heads and stage 2 cams already. would they convert over?

·
Registered
444 Posts
I've been looking at doing another motor build for the mustang. Dont need to, but would like to. for a while i had considered just adding a supercharger to my current build. But the more i think about it, i looooove n/a.

I've read where alot of people have been doing the 5.4L swap, has anyone here done a stroked version of the 5.4L? Also, would my 4.6L heads work on this motor? because i have stage 2 heads and stage 2 cams already. would they convert over?
I wouldnt recommend stroking a 5.4 as the stroke is already pretty long and wouldnt be any good at high rpm's... If I were you I would just throw some boost in the mix along with what you already have, but if you really want to go with a 5.4 swap your heads and cams will swap over and you'll want to use the HPS 5.4 intake.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
a stroked 5.4 is about 6000 just for the shortblock.. just the stroker crank is 1600.... when they stroke the 5.4 it just has the stroke it still just the stock bore so you wouldnt gain really anything worth it from strokeing it...

·
Registered
142 Posts
stock bore on 5.4L is 3.552"
stock stroke on 5.4L is 4.165"

Source: SA155 Workbench How To Rebuild 4.6/5.4L Ford Engines by George Reid

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
you can stroke out the 331 all the way too a 351.. you can rob go more but i dont reccomend it..
i dont like stroking a long stroke motor too be honest!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.