Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright i just installed my new dual exhaust on my 2003 V6 mustang last weekend and am looking for some new mods. Obviously being 16 money is an issue. I am looking to get something fairly good not something like stickers lol but maybe a CAI or something. I put a good bit of my money to the exhaust cause i dont like to do it the cheap way but the right way. Any ideas? and what does a CAI do to the exhaust since the horsepower isnt much to get form it? thanks ahead

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
the cai will just help you flow more air thru your engine which will make the exhaust serve its intended purpose of moving more air out of the engine, i think i explained it understandably lol

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
first off being 16 has nothing to do with modding a car. GET A JOB AND WORK and you will have money. Then get some LT headers, mid-pipe, tuner, gears/t-lok and youll be in good shape.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
first off being 16 has nothing to do with modding a car. GET A JOB AND WORK and you will have money. Then get some LT headers, mid-pipe, tuner, gears/t-lok and youll be in good shape.
first off running your mouth wont help unless you know your facts. I have a job at the public works of my township but thats only in the summer. second off i have other jobs but dont do them for money. third of all i already have longtube headers, an x pipe, and a dual exhaust.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok thanks and what do the gears do as far as performance so i know instead of just putting them on

·
Banned
1,242 Posts
first off running your mouth wont help unless you know your facts. I have a job at the public works of my township but thats only in the summer. second off i have other jobs but dont do them for money. third of all i already have longtube headers, an x pipe, and a dual exhaust.
:eek:wned:popcorn

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
ya it does, obvi a 16 y/o is gonna be far from loaded
i believe i said to get a job and work not rely on wealth.

Im not running my mouth, but people come in here wanting to mod there car for under 500 bucks...sorry its not happening. Maybe you should consider gettin a job that isnt seasonal that pays. Thirdly yur off to a good start with the mods you have.

cai, gears, t-lock, and a tuner are next than :yes
agreed

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
ok thanks and what do the gears do as far as performance so i know instead of just putting them on
depending on the ratio, gears will make the driveshaft spin more revolutions per one revolution of the rear tires. Higher the gear the quicker the accereration you will gain. manual - 3.73s, auto 4.10s is what most people choose.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i believe i said to get a job and work not rely on wealth.

Im not running my mouth, but people come in here wanting to mod there car for under 500 bucks...sorry its not happening. Maybe you should consider gettin a job that isnt seasonal that pays. Thirdly yur off to a good start with the mods you have.

agreed
like i said before im not relying on "wealth" i do work and also go to school. second off "people are wanting to mod their car for under $500 its not happening"....so then i guess you consider a CAI not a mod. I didnt say i wanted a supercharger i said a wanted a mod. there are plenty under $500

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
depending on the ratio, gears will make the driveshaft spin more revolutions per one revolution of the rear tires. Higher the gear the quicker the accereration you will gain. manual - 3.73s, auto 4.10s is what most people choose.
ABSOLUTELY WRONG! Gears multiply torque to the rear wheels. a ring and pinion set is consisted of a ring gear and a pinion gear that have a corresponding ratio. 4.10:1 ratio is a higher ratio but a lower gear than 3.73:1, and the 4.10:1 will spin the axles more for every spin of the driveshaft, thus the quicker acceleration.

Read up: Ring and Pinion Gears: The Ultimate Debate

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i was thinking that...why would you ever want your engine to do more work and your rear axle do less

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
does the CAI make the exhaust sound fuller at higher rpms then? i think

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
street - i think an frpp ring and pinion set and frpp trac-lok rear end differential should be your next mod.

gears are 150
t-lok is 150
and install is 200-250

the 4.10:1 ratio shaved .5 off my e/t (the best mod to date) - that is the equivalent of adding 50 rwhp to shave that kind of time. keep in mind the gears do not add any power, they just multiply the torque to the rear wheels more efficiently for acceleration.

and the cai will just make a sucking sound as air flows through it. it actually made my exhaust a tad louder too (through all rpms)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok thanks pretty sure thatll be my next

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
around 3000 rpms or so i get a hollowed out sound is that just a V6 or will CAI help that

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
around 3000 rpms or so i get a hollowed out sound is that just a V6 or will CAI help that
thats just our even-firing v6. at 3k rpms and higher, it hollows, gets loud, and loses all tone...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts