1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got it down to either a FRPP throttle body

or

Brake kit (brand?)

With the set up in my garage what would guys do next?

And where coiuld I find the best prices on this **** since RADmustangs is offline now?

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
Now you spend money. :)

Throttle body. Not the one you are looking at though. You know which one gains the most. Big difference in the mid range betweem them.

Then get stoptech braided lines, with the low miles on your car you dont need anything else yet. Put motul 600 in there while you are at it, fluid makes a difference. here are the front and rear lines on maximummotorsports site Maximum Motorsports :: The Leader In Mustang Performance Suspension

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Stroker Boy,

If your looking at throttle bodies, I like that polished CJ one. I don't know about performance gains but it sure looks sexy.

What kind of brake kit? A big brake kit?

Hi Rich,

Did you shut down Radmustangs.com completely? I know your not a site sponsor anymore but I assumed when I was going to get my BMR sway bars I was going to get them through you.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
Stroker Boy,

If your looking at throttle bodies, I like that polished CJ one. I don't know about performance gains but it sure looks sexy.

What kind of brake kit? A big brake kit?

Hi Rich,

Did you shut down Radmustangs.com completely? I know your not a site sponsor anymore but I assumed when I was going to get my BMR sway bars I was going to get them through you.
appreciate it. Yea the site is shut down. I might open it again in a few months but i have other things to take care of first.

stoptech/saleen 14" brakes. you can get them for around $800

are you trying to stay NA?

As for the big brake kit suggestions......................he wont buy rims for bigger rubber i dont think he will get rims for bigger brakes but you guys keep working on him.

The new 2010 gt500 rims are sex!! i wonder if newtakeoff.com is selling them yet. they would hold some 14" brembos

·
BWAL Is My Hero
15,891 Posts
If your not willing to get bigger wheels for bigger brakes, then I agree with Rich. I also agree that the 2010 GT500 wheels are teh sex. They aren't on NTO yet but they are on American Muscle for rather cheap. Although, they are probably nock offs.

Braided lines, slotted rotors, pads and better fluid will be your best bet for sure if you want to keep your stock wheels. The T.B. is going to be more for looks than performance with your setup.

I like Brenspeeds kits for the stock brakes:

Just pads,lines and fluid: Mustang GT Stoptech Stage 1 Brake Kit (05-10)

Pads,Lines,Rotors and fluid:
Mustang GT Stoptech Stage 2 Slotted Brake Kit (05-10)

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
stoptech/saleen 14" brakes. you can get them for around $800
Good luck trying to find them for those kind of prices. I saw them for $999 the other day and either they sold out of them or they pulled the listing. Now, all I'm seeing them for is $1500+.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
GT500 take-offs ~600 bucks if you look hard enough. Won't fit on your stock wheels though. I second the motion of the new GT500 19s if your feeling ballsy ;)

·
All sissies going to Hell!
5,818 Posts
I would also get a GT 500 TB.....because they are cheaper and get the same work done.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts

·
All sissies going to Hell!
5,818 Posts
I thought about that myself but there was a reason it didn't fit or some bullshit juco. It would be pretty rape though.

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
im just gonna buy a vette.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
No reason why the FRPP 62mm, GT500, or VMP's 68-72mm TBs aren't going to flow plenty of air for your set-up. No reason to go monoblade in your situation.

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thats what i was thinking

1 - 20 of 28 Posts