Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive read through what i should do, but i just kinda want some opinions on were to go next. My cars goal is to be a street/strip car and if the cards ever played out i would consider force induction, but right now i dont have that in the plans.

so far...

2006 mustang gt 5spd
Ford racing CAI and FRPP Tune
3:73 gears
Pypes Violator Mufflers and Xpipe with highflows
Firestone Firehawk Wide Oval Indy 500 tires

·
Registered
208 Posts
Well, since not doing forced Induction right now maybe work on suspension and maybe a short shifter.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Depends how much you wanna spend but a nice set of Long tubes would be a good place to start they will benefit you if you go FI or stay NA. Your gears now are good if you decide to go FI but if you stay NA you should get a set of 4.10s.

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
In the long run would you consider supercharger or turbo? If s/c I'd say long tubes, and short throw, and then start on suspension. If turbo leave the stock exhaust manifolds, and go to short throw followed by suspension. And wait until your clutch starts to slip, and go with Mcleod RST.

·
Samurai Vomit Magnet
4,259 Posts
Long tubes, right now your manifold is a bottleneck of sorts. Unfortunately, you will probably need another x-pipe.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
In the long run would you consider supercharger or turbo? If s/c I'd say long tubes, and short throw, and then start on suspension. If turbo leave the stock exhaust manifolds, and go to short throw followed by suspension. And wait until your clutch starts to slip, and go with Mcleod RST.
^ This.

MGW shifter
ARH, Kooks, or Mac Longtubes
Full suspension (BMR and Steeda parts)
SS brake lines and Motul RBF600 fluid
Stop-Tech Street pads
Stop Tech / Powerslot slotted rotors
Big Brakes (Stop-Tech 4 or 6 piston)
one-piece aluminum driveshaft
BOOOOOOOSSSSTTTTTT

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
honestly, i dont see forced induction untill a long time down the road. i have no suspension work as of yet.

i was thinking to do
suspension work
short throw
long tubes
better tuner

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
Looks like you got your head in the right track. Suspension won't get you power, but you'll def notice more of that power getting to the ground. Now, get to work !!!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol will do, When i race it down at our local track i don have issues launching it. that was with the factory KDWS's. i havent raced it with the new wide ovals. I have wheel hop too every now and then, so i figured whats the use of having power if it isnt making it to the road. UCA and LCA's a good place to start?

·
Registered
437 Posts
There was a really good guide stickied on the forum about the different things you should think about and are worth while as far as mods go

1 - 13 of 13 Posts