Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fairly new to this board, but not to mustangs at all.

My Mach recently got a 2.1 KB installed (woo), and on the stock longblock, made 497hp on a good tune. it does have some bolt-ons, LT's, X-pipe, etc, but nothing to major, just some small stuff.

Now, I don't want to grenade this thing, but at the same time im wanting to up the power to get the most out of my KB. Does anyone know how much power you can get out of an intercooled 2.1L? and for the shortblock, should I build a forged one via a kit, or try to lay my hands on a termi shortblock? KB says the blower is capable of 750hp, but im not to sure on that. Im thinking it will start to run out of breath not to far north of 650, and I know termi shortblocks can handle that.

What do you ugys think would be the best route to go?
and heres a few pics since im so new and all.

·
Because Racecar
3,045 Posts
Uuuuh... depending on available funds/time, a built short block would be ideal, rather than a heavy cast iron block...

·
Banned
416 Posts
Well Mach's have the shitty WAP aluminum blocks, so I would go for a termi block or a teksid block and find a decently priced forged rotating assembly. I am assuming you have a 5 speed Mach (I see the clutch cable in your engine bay shots), so you already have the forged crank so you won't need another crank if that's the case.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts