Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have has a absolute nightmare the past couple of days trying to figure out what is wrong with my fuel system. I'm running a walbro 255 now and I am only get 10 psi of pressure at the rails and at the tank. So tomorrow I was gonna drop the tank again and check for cracks in the submersible fuel line. My theory is that there is a crack and I am losing my pressure through there, so the gas is just spraying out back into the tank. Has anybody had this issue? The cars runs absolutely horrible and missfire randomly in all cylinders. I had it hooked up to a factory ford diagnostic machine the whole time troubleshooting and it was showing miss fires in different cylinders with no particular pattern. We bypassed the fuel pump drive module and it didnt help. Any ideas would be delightful!

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Thats a return style pump, we have a returnless system. So thats not good. Im assuming a kinked fuel line. I had that problem with the Ford GT supercar pump, I put in a Gates submersible fuel hose, and it kinked. So by 3500rpm, I was down to 5psi.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats a return style pump, we have a returnless system. So thats not good. Im assuming a kinked fuel line. I had that problem with the Ford GT supercar pump, I put in a Gates submersible fuel hose, and it kinked. So by 3500rpm, I was down to 5psi.
Yes I know but it is not the problem. Yes I was maybe thinking it was kinked too. The pressure goes down as rpm goes up so sounds similar.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I know the return style pump wouldnt cause that much of an issue. The fuel is being choked off somewhere, either a kink, or rip, or clogged filter. Im assuming kinked fuel hose.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know the return style pump wouldnt cause that much of an issue. The fuel is being choked off somewhere, either a kink, or rip, or clogged filter. Im assuming kinked fuel hose.
Yes I think it is either a kink or tear. I was running a returnless pump and it was doing the same crap. I'm gonna drop the tank tomorrow. Ill update then. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts