Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to do a photoshoot of my car this weekend (finally got my 03 termi bumper on :D) with the family D50. What settings do you guys normally run your camera in? I've always done mine in auto, but its not very satisfactory.

thanks guys!

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
You can't just dive into the manual setting of the camera like that and go with something we would recommend. Depending on available light camera settings in manual mode could be anywhere. The cameras sensor will tell you where you can and can't go with settings. Do you at least have an understanding of the meter?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No Im pretty new to the camera. Its my mom's but shes letting my use it. Is there a online guide I can read up on about that?

·
Registered
31 Posts
not a bad little read..

click

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Im going to do a photoshoot of my car this weekend (finally got my 03 termi bumper on :D) with the family D50. What settings do you guys normally run your camera in? I've always done mine in auto, but its not very satisfactory.

thanks guys!
If you're not getting satisfactory results in auto mode it isn't the camera's fault. :no I've shot my dad's D50 and have my own D40 and I've always thought that the auto setting was very reliable. My biggest complaint would be the aperature settings that it selects. Like Emay was saying, you're going to have to study up and at least have a basic working knowledge of the camera settings and the reasoning behind them before you can start making on the fly manual adjustments that will yield a decent result.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the D50 on auto is really good for pictures of pepole, but my problem seems to be lighting for the car. I'll read up on teh articles and do alittle more research.

Thanks for the responses guys

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Well the D50 on auto is really good for pictures of pepole, but my problem seems to be lighting for the car. I'll read up on teh articles and do alittle more research.

Thanks for the responses guys
Alot of the issue may be WHEN you are shooting rather than the auto settings. Try to shoot early or late in the day for the best light. If you're going to be shooting during mid-day (on a day with full sun), shade or filters are almost a must, especially with the reflective surfaces of cars. Harsh light will ruin the shot 9 out of 10 times. Be sure to have the sun at your back (at least not shooting into it) as well. Those simple things will help a ton and you'll have no problems getting great shots in auto. After that you'll have plenty of time to master your ISO and shutter speed settings. :yes

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I think alot of my problem was the time of the day. I took pictures after detailing once and it was mid after noon. I learned shiny black + sun makes too many reflections

1 - 10 of 10 Posts