Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend from high school now works as a technician for porche in arizona and is talking mad **** about how my car sucks and his car would spank it anyday. He talks all this **** like hes the bomb cause he works at porche but I want to shove it in his face. Hes got a nissan 240 with an SR20 swap which is the turbo motor from japan. Is that car fast? I want to stomp that p*ssy car when he comes into town and will pay to make sure that happens. i might have to go buy a 200 shot just for when he comes in town. what do you guys think? anyone ever raced a 240?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Ok, little bit of education here. A 240sx with the SR20DET is a pretty sustantial engine already. Stock it is about even with our car. Don't get confused with the KA24 american 240SX's. The japanese engine from the sylvia, the japanese 240sx, is a BAD ASS motor. The engine, with a tune and new piping is good to over 300whp and with a new turbo, which a tech from a porsche dealership could get easy. Will be able to push 400 whp easy. I'd be careful with those 240sx's with the swapped sr20det. The turbo 4 cyl. They can MOVE!

·
Registered
856 Posts
yeah they can move but not if the one i linked up there is it.

and btw, the Silvia is one of my all time favorite cars so i'm not hating

·
Registered
323 Posts
i agree the det is nice. with what you got i dont think your gonna keep up. you would need a blower or a 125 shot and thats pushing it

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
my friend has a 240 with the KA24E or whatever in it, pushing 360 to the wheels naturally aspirated, with 12K into the motor alone, all 240s have great potential and is the reason there still popular cars, not to mention its RWD thats always a plus, the thing that makes those things fast is that they are light, and the turbo versions make quite a bit of power to the wheels, over 200 i beleive, they run pretty good, but you can take him with some stuff done to your car no problem

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
dont buy the 200 shot its over kill on your motor and will end badly

it wont take much for you to beat that 240, just put exhaust and intake, and prob some 4.10s and a tune and he'll see your tailights easily, if you even need that, stock for stock you can take him

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
sounds like youre gonna need plenty of mods. start saving up!

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
He said he has the DET already. In which case, stock for stock it will be damn close. But if he has put much in to it. Its easier to get more out of that car than ours. Factory turbo's are like cheating for making more power. Tune em up 100hp.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Ok, little bit of education here. A 240sx with the SR20DET is a pretty sustantial engine already. Stock it is about even with our car. Don't get confused with the KA24 american 240SX's. The japanese engine from the sylvia, the japanese 240sx, is a BAD ASS motor. The engine, with a tune and new piping is good to over 300whp and with a new turbo, which a tech from a porsche dealership could get easy. Will be able to push 400 whp easy. I'd be careful with those 240sx's with the swapped sr20det. The turbo 4 cyl. They can MOVE!
This is the only helpful post out of the bunch.

First, no one knows whats done to this 240, except the fact it has an SR20DET. None of you guys know if its stock or full of healthy go fast goodies. I can tell you all from personal experience with turbo 4 cylinders and imports... if that SR20 has any money invested into it, its going to play hardball. I would bring your A-game just incase.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
interesting feedback.. thanks guys, im looking into a blower now. I have like 3.5k but im not sure thats going to cut it with the supporting mods needed to sufficiently support that kind of power.

·
Registered
856 Posts
can someone link me where i can find the specs to these cars cause the one that i linked from Import Tuner supposedly has the engine we're all talking about i guess, and in stock trim didn't even make 200 and everyone on here is talking about 360 NA and what not

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I found a supercharger kit for 2500 bucks. P1SC head unit, 2 core intercooler, all of the piping and brackets, new idler pulley, bypass valve, 2 belts, ngk tr6 plugs, oil, steeda oil seperator and breather. Is this all i need? Do i have to have anything else for install? it has 10,000 miles on it. seems like a decent buy to me? I not kidding when I say I really want to beat this guy.

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
find out what size his turbo is and how much boost hes running. if its just a stock swap u should easily have him but they respond very well to mods.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I found a supercharger kit for 2500 bucks. P1SC head unit, 2 core intercooler, all of the piping and brackets, new idler pulley, bypass valve, 2 belts, ngk tr6 plugs, oil, steeda oil seperator and breather. Is this all i need? Do i have to have anything else for install? it has 10,000 miles on it. seems like a decent buy to me? I not kidding when I say I really want to beat this guy.
Get the part number off the head unit. Call ATI and request a service history for that head unit. Also, ask the owner how many times hes changed the oil, and which pulley configurations he's used. If the sale isnt local, i would ask for as many pictures in detail, before you make any decisions. Buying used superchargers/turbos can be a shot in the dark if your not careful.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
if he is pushing 390 you prob wont beat him lol

like i said my friends is pushing 360 to the wheels and that thing moves, dont beleive its as fast as my mach thu, i know it didnt feel it, never got to race it due to he has had the motor apart since i got my mach

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
360 is faster than 300. Especially on a lighter car. To beat that car if its running 390whp, you would need atleast 410 to give him a race.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts