Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i live in florida i was wondering if it was safe to just get a bottle blanket instead of buying a bottle heater? i know i have been asking alot of questions on nitrous but just want to make sure im doing everything right, thanks alot guys!

·
Registered
139 Posts
i live in florida i was wondering if it was safe to just get a bottle blanket instead of buying a bottle heater? i know i have been asking alot of questions on nitrous but just want to make sure im doing everything right, thanks alot guys!

Bottle pressure is critical. Minimum pressure is 900 PSI, max is about 1200 PSI. If you are low, use the bottle heater to get it up. If you are high, use ice on the bottle to cool it down. It pretty much mandatory to have a pressure guage on your NOS bottle so you can see whats going on. Too little pressure will be a waste of N20 and can cause damage. Too much pressure can cause engine damage and cause the bottle to explode.

·
Atomized
1,397 Posts
before the bottle explodes it'll pop the blow down seal and vent the nitrous usually in the car and trust me it's hillariously funny and loud when it happens.

·
Registered
817 Posts
before the bottle explodes it'll pop the blow down seal and vent the nitrous usually in the car and trust me it's hillariously funny and loud when it happens.
LMAO u seem to know...any personal experiences!!!! :D

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
def get a bottle heater. A blow torch and a blanket is a good way to have your bottle explode on you. I say get a pressure regiulated heater that will heat to a certain pressure than shut off to keep the pressure at the psi you set

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
i have a buddy with a drag truck............he has two stages of nitrous, two bottles, and blanket heaters on both of them..........his works fine and never has a problem, and we live in south east texas (simular heat to florida)...........if you have the money, get the bottle heater, if you are looking to save a few bucks, you can squeeze by with a blanket, but be careful with anything pressurized, because it can go BOOM

1 - 9 of 9 Posts