Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do ya take the rods that lift the trunk up in the notchbacks to install the bottle facing the front? Or is there another way?

·
EMT
6,566 Posts
hmmmm hmm hmmmmmmm I came in here thinking I could help but I dunno... :dunno sorry

bump

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
Do ya take the rods that lift the trunk up in the notchbacks to install the bottle facing the front? Or is there another way?
I guess I don't understand the question. Where are you mounting the bottle? Nitrous bottles fit on either side of the spare tire well facing forward without a problem.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
i welded 2 pieces of angle iron across the spare tire well, this way i had a nice flat space to mount the nitrous bottle and also my battery box, imo it's easier to do this because you don't have to drop the tank to get to the bolts under the car, you can reach both top and bottom bolt without climbing under the car btw i didn't have to remove the trunk rods , yes install the bottle facing forward

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
imo it's easier to do this because you don't have to drop the tank to get to the bolts under the car, you can reach both top and bottom bolt without climbing under the car btw i didn't have to remove the trunk rods ,
I have always just mig welded the bolts directly to the sheet metal, why drop the tank or have to worry about trying to get the bolts out later??

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
you can do it any way you want, i was just saying what i did, it's kinda hard to mount the bottle and battery box, and disconnect switch in a trunk when the floor isn't flat , the angle makes is much easier

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
you can do it any way you want, i was just saying what i did, it's kinda hard to mount the bottle and battery box, and disconnect switch in a trunk when the floor isn't flat , the angle makes is much easier
I was just saying there is no reason to drop the tank, unless you are worried about welding above it:D:D

Try fitting all that and a 12 inch sub and a fuel cell...having a hatch makes it a little better.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
i thought about a fuel cell but i always hated popping the trunk to fill up and dripping gas inside, plus i didn't want the inspection hassels , so i bought a new tank and had it sumped

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i welded 2 pieces of angle iron across the spare tire well, this way i had a nice flat space to mount the nitrous bottle and also my battery box, imo it's easier to do this because you don't have to drop the tank to get to the bolts under the car, you can reach both top and bottom bolt without climbing under the car btw i didn't have to remove the trunk rods , yes install the bottle facing forward
Do you have a pic? This sounds pretty kool But i dont understand the angle part.

i didn't have to remove anything to mount my bottle.

Your brackets seem lower than mine.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
I was just saying there is no reason to drop the tank, unless you are worried about welding above it:D:D

Try fitting all that and a 12 inch sub and a fuel cell...having a hatch makes it a little better.
Maybe but notches are better..:D

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
I guess I don't understand the question. Where are you mounting the bottle? Nitrous bottles fit on either side of the spare tire well facing forward without a problem.
Not a 15lb bottle like I have.. Get rid of that spare tire and put it in the pit if you have a 15lb bottle but if you have a 10lb well you saw the picture...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts