ok so i put the kit on friday just sprayed it 2night

wet nitrous kit
WOT full contact
nozzle in correct place
full bottle
80rwhp shot
good fuel
nitrous pressure unknown

so i ran it for the first time at 40mph 2nd gear 3,500rpms hit it WOT didnt turn on till 4k and went to 5k and started breaking up so i shut it down

check everything over

tried again and was breaking out all of second gear

ran it 1 hour later from 1rst ran great till high rpm then started breaking up i shifted into 2nd and it was breaking up all of second

ran it about 3 more times from various mph and it was breaking up.... i gave up for the night

first we thought cuz i needed a purge but man i ran it like a total of like 5-6 times and it was doing it

what else could it b?

when i say breaking up i mean like if it was activating and deactivating

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
im no nitrous expert, bUT, it running when you were WOT only when you hig 4k sounds like a window switch---its a good thing. and the breaking up, i think you either have a leaking jet, or need a good purge >>its like doing all new brake calipers, you have to bleed the **** out of them to get all the air out...you put on a new bottle and all new empty lines, there is a lot of air to get out of there.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
i just read your post again, check the solenoid...is it shorting out, you can use a DVLM and turn the bottle off and see if it is opening up the jets

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
ok so i put the kit on friday just sprayed it 2night

wet nitrous kit
WOT full contact
nozzle in correct place
full bottle
80rwhp shot
good fuel
nitrous pressure unknown

so i ran it for the first time at 40mph 2nd gear 3,500rpms hit it WOT didnt turn on till 4k and went to 5k and started breaking up so i shut it down

check everything over

tried again and was breaking out all of second gear

ran it 1 hour later from 1rst ran great till high rpm then started breaking up i shifted into 2nd and it was breaking up all of second

ran it about 3 more times from various mph and it was breaking up.... i gave up for the night

first we thought cuz i needed a purge but man i ran it like a total of like 5-6 times and it was doing it

what else could it b?

when i say breaking up i mean like if it was activating and deactivating

This is a no no for running nitrous. Get a nitrous gauge and a heater. If you are below 700-800psi the mix is off, and therefore you will be running too rich. Start there. Nitrous setups arent like brakes workinprogress, the thing you have to remember is that brakes are a sealed system so air pockets affect fluid movement and pressure. In a nitrous setup its not a sealed system once the 'noids open. Any air in the lines will be shot into the the nozzle then into the engine. Having said that, the advantage to having the purge is to bleed the air out of the lines so that when the 'noids open its pure N20 with no air pockets.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
nitrous presuure, bottle not fully opened, not purged out, are some of the things i would check first. you running a window switch?

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
i have window switch just not installed yet, bottle was fully opened

also my solenoids are kinda mounted upside down would that have any affect on it?

how bout a slight squeeze on the line? thats something i havent checked for either

·
Registered
575 Posts
you need at least 900 up to 1100 on the bottle pressure gauge or your just wasting your time. one step colder plugs gapped at .035 and take a little timing out. make sure you dont spray it below 3000rpms

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
+1

listen to the juice man.
bottle was fully opened ran the car about 5-6 times so i dont think it could have air
i dont think bottle pressure is that bad i live in florida plus the bottle is in a duffle bag with a sweater on it so it stays warm but not hott how hot does a bottle need to b to b around 900psi?

someone just brought to my attention it could b a bad coil pack.... that would piss me off lol

·
Registered
575 Posts
you have to have a heater to maintain good pressure. Trust me been there done that.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you have to have a heater to maintain good pressure. Trust me been there done that.
without a heater wouldnt it just run slower not breaking up???

i'll post a video tonight

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
heater keeps pressure up and mixture right. too little makes it rich and fuel could fall out of the mixture, too much and it will be lean. if you didnt hit the nitrous back to back to back, then air can form in the lines again. it only takes a few minutes for the nitrous to go from liquid to gas.

·
Forever in our hearts travis_afx
4,391 Posts
Where is your WOT switch? My car was doing the exact thing on the dyno. Just shutting on and off violently. Turns out that the WOT switch was not tight enough :eek: and when I would put the pedal to the floor it would move the window switch!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
thanks for the correction DOC, but like i said im no n2o expert...learn something every day...and i think thats what i was trying to say..it was pushing in air instead of pure n2o

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Yea, but that won't cause it to break up after its been spraying.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

you can hear it in third...listen

·
Rebel Of The Sacred Heart
2,338 Posts
Just a try but you might want to look at your WOT switch, cause it sounds like it did on RK's car. When the original person installed the switch he only used one bolt, to save time guess?!

But when Ryan would go WOT it would be fine till his motor started vibrating just right and the switch would loose and regain contact with the throttle assembly. Resulting in the nitrous turning on and off very violently.

Once we found what he did and readjusted the switch and added another fastener it work fine.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts