Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know alot more 05+ guys are running a bottle then 2011 guys my question to you guys I. Do you guys run progressive controlers or just window switches I've looked at the one nitrous outlet and fjo racing sell but not sure if I really need progressive im not going to run over 150 shot

·
Registered
930 Posts
Stock bottom end 125 shot is as much as you want. Never worry about hp numbers with nitrous, it's the tq it puts down you got to think about. IMO a 150 shot won't last long. Just run a window switch on a 100 shot and remember not to run a platinum plug, stay away from hto's for nitrous. For every 50 shot at the wheels you get 85 tq at the wheels, give or take.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Whats wrong with HT0's?
X2 - been running HT0s with nitrous for a couple of years with no known problems. If this is not good to do, please let me know why before something bad happens! Sorry to hijack thread.

I use a WOT switch and a window switch with great results, but it really depends on what your goals are and how you use the car.

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
I've always heard of people running 2 heat range colder plugs on N20... Maybe I'm remembering wrong. Either way, HT0 still has a copper core. I'm pretty sure you'll be fine. *Just to clear it up, HT0 is 1 heat range colder*

·
taylor21pierce snapchat
758 Posts
so i have used nitrous before and it was on an auto. what things do you need to make nitrous work properly and safly with a 5 speed?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't wana here ne remarks about this but how would a window switch work on the street at a roll would it kick in the gear after you get on it? Because they read rpm to determine lock out

·
Registered
368 Posts
yes, run a WOT switch with a window switch. It will "kick in" as long as two things happen...you are at WOT and between you rpm settings on your window switch. And those two items are what you need to run Nitrous on a manual safely. Of course i would recomend a A/F gauge to keep and eye on your Air fuel ratio while spraying as well.

Do it right and its as safe as running a blower.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've got aeroforce gauges to watch a/f and fuel pressure and the optional relay to use the gauges to shut down the system if it gets lean or fuel pressure drops

·
Registered
368 Posts
thats all great, but remember in end...the engine will tell you how the nitrous is working...pull your plugs often at the start and check for lean burn. You can have all the safety measures in place but still be hurting your engine. After you get it dialed in you can relax on the plug checking. Also realize you will eat up plugs faster depending on how much you spray.

food for thought.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts