Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so we finished installing the nitrous wet kit the other day on my 99 v6 75 shot. the bottle was at 900 psi and was in second gear when i flipes the switch to turn the nitrous system on then hit WOT in 2nd gear at around 2000rpms then boom blew my intake filter right off! since then my car has been running like **** it idles at 500 rpms instead of like 1000? then when ever u get on it it bogs down. we changed the spark plus to a stage colder today. so no iwas not running a stage colder when i tested the nitrous and i was on 87 pump gas i know thats y it detonated. my engine light when on a day later then took it and the code was for an IAC. my question is does this sound like it will fix my prob?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
more than likely. a n2o backfire will mess some stuff up, but is fixable.
does it sound like just the iac though? even though when i hit the gas it bogs down in low rpms today i smash the gas in first it was fine all the power was there then when i hit second it boged alittle then back up it seems the lower the rpm the more it bogs and has no power what does it sound like?

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
sounds like a vacum problem to me. i would check each vavcum line, and check manifold vacum too.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sounds like a vacum problem to me. i would check each vavcum line, and check manifold vacum too.
ya well i sprayed carb cleaner all over the hoses no leak? i dunno what the prob is i know that my iac is going to be bad becasue my check engine light when on and it says its the iac butwill this cause me bogging down at low rpms?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it could at low rpm's, a leaking manifold gasket could do the same too.
well that dosetn sound good i took it today to a guy thatknows nitrus pretty well and he said that this happens alot when u spry your car ur car dosent recignize what nitrous is so he said give it a couple of days and eventually your cars computer will relearn and it will be fine?

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
i havent heard of that for nitrous. the 87 octane is a big culprit, along with a hot plug.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya im so scared to hit that damn nitrous again even though i changed my spark plugs to the best u can get at like 7 dollars a peice and i filled up with 93 octane today but i dident want to test it becasue my car is running like absalute ****!

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ya thats what the guy at the parts store said
do u have any idea whats wrong with my car? lol

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
really dn't know right now.

i will post a link to this thread in the 6'er section. maybe someone there will come in and help out.
alright man thanks alot i m just really pissed off my car was running great before i put nitrous on it.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
iv heard that you arent supposed to do nitrous at certain rpms...i cant remember where i heard it but it was like 3000 rpms...which i know on the v6s doesnt leave much room at all...it might have been for another car, but thats just my 2 cents i honestly have no experience with nitrous...

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
have you looked into the 2 cylinder upgrade?
lol ya i have but when i get nitrous ill be rollin with em lol if i ever get this nitrous to not blow my filter off.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
you were low in the RPM when you sprayed, IDK if the v6 pulls enough air at 2000rpm to pull the gas easy enough, you probably puddled your fuel which led to the back fire, wait till later in your rpm to spray and use 93 octane, the back fire messed with your IAC when it threw off the filter I bet.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts