Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just ordered my complete plate kit with bottle heater, nitrous controller, and purge kit...anyway i have seen nitrous filters offered by a few people including NX...just wondering if anyone actually uses one. i have never seen anybody use one nor even recommend one. i had never even heard of it really so i assume that its really not needed but just checking....

as well as the blow down tube, needed?? i know i'll be legal without one since the bottle will be in the trunk but i don't wanna have metal shrapnel flying at me if the bottle explodes lol.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Holy cow! I thought you were going FI!???

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
eh i was but i sold the s/c and bought a brand new nitrous kit with all the goodies and was still able to pocket a grand which will go towards my tool bill...

too much to mess with...ton of work to install the s/c. ton of work to get the intercooler to fit. ton of cutting/welding for the piping. gotta cut the fenderwell. if you don't get belt alignment dead on then your shredding belts which wouldn't be a huge deal if you didn't have to pull the whole bracket to change the belt. belt slip, etc...the list goes on lol. nitrous will let me pocket a grand and be just as fast. and way more simple. and RELIABLE which is important with a DD. just as safe with the right stuff. gas mileage and reliability stays the same. plus i'm doing my best not to mess around on the street any more so just using the nitrous at the track only works perfect. especially since the car is still quick enough on motor to have fun on the street.

anyway, lots of reasons. not to mention it should come out of the hole pretty hard with a 3500 stall and setting the nitrous to spray right above the stall speed

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
I've always seen N2O filters recommended but I've never seen anyone actually use one. :eek:

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
dudee you make me wanna go the juice route so bad.... i wanna go FI but i dont or ever will have the cash for it.

and no ive never head of anyone with a nitrous filter :dunno

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
dudee you make me wanna go the juice route so bad.... i wanna go FI but i dont or ever will have the cash for it.

and no ive never head of anyone with a nitrous filter :dunno
If you want to go with a turbo the On3 Kit is relatively affordable for what it is. I plan on getting there after my suspension.

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
Pittbull, if you get nitrous, you'll love it for the first year and run through a thousand bottles. It's enormous fun, but eventually you'll be looking for instant-on power without having to push buttons. I'll be selling my N2O kit next year for a PD supercharger setup :yes

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Next year hu? Maybe by then I'll have money, keep me in mind when you sell :)

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
If it makes you feel beter get a filter lol but I don't use one, the great thing about N2O is the gas milage remains the same and your car has 2 levels of performance.

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
If it makes you feel beter get a filter lol but I don't use one, the great thing about N2O is the gas milage remains the same and your car has 2 levels of performance.
That's definitely true, I was having some major traction issues on my Michelin Pilot Sport tires (same tires used on the Ferrari Enzo Gemballa mind you) with a 125 shot, so some R compound tires aren't a bad idea if you want to use nitrous in 1st or 2nd.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I use a filter myself, right after the bottle connection with a 8 inch hose.

As for the blowdown tube, it's a good insurance policy if the blowout disc ruptures from the bottle overheating. Better to dump all that gas outside the car than have it fill the car and it would definitely scare the life out of you if you're driving when it happens.

If you ever plan on going to the track they will require you to have a blowdown tube even if it's in the trunk.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I have one aswell.. Came with the kit that i bought form a buddy..

·
I wanna SPRAY!
7,461 Posts
I wonder how hot does the bottle have to get before building up enough pressure inside to trigger the pressure release valve? I refilled my bottle last week and the next morning when I got off work I turned on the bottle warmer to pressure up my bottle so I could make a couple quick blasts on my way home. Well I got home and forgot to turn the warmer off. When I woke up about nine hours later the my wife told me my cars battery was dead and the first thing that came to mind was the dang warmer. I ran outside and sure enough it had ran the battery down so low nothing would come on. Luckily the bottle never released any nitrous into my car though and it was full. I hadn't used any of it at this point. Needless to say I need to hurry up and buy an automatic bottle warmer. The bottle was closed during all of this btw.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts