Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to originally get the CMS stage 1 N/A cams, but I also recently got an NX nitrous system. Would these cams be alright with the nitrous, or should I get blower/nitrous cams? I dont see a stage 1 blower cam, and I'd rather not have to change springs or have to have the cams degreed, which is why I wanted to get the stage 1's. Also, will the blower cams be only superior to the n/s cams while im spraying? Because if so, I think I's just rather get the n/a cams so thy will benefit me most of the time, wwwhen I'm not spraying. Also while I'm on it, if anybody is selling, or knows of anybody selling a bottle heater and/or window switch, thats all I need to get my system up and running, and I'm not really looking to spend a boatload on either. If I was, I would get the microedge. Thanks

·
Registered
678 Posts
The general consensus has always seemed to be that unless you are spraying a lot of nitrous...say 200+...you will give up more off the bottle than you will gain on the bottle. You will never be able to reliably spray enough nitrous through a plate or single nozzle setup to get to that point. With that said I agree with silverbulet, call Nick at Modular Head Shop. He is the only I know that offers nitrous specific grinds for the 2V.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
i'd just stick with the cms stage 1's and spray it. you'll have a nice n/a cam that will still perform just fine with the spray...

the microedge is well worth it btw.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
if your not gonna have a afr switch or fuel pressure safety switch then i would most definitely get a bottle pressure guage that you can monitor quite easily so that you don't spray with too much or too little bottle psi

other than that just a bottle heater and at least a wot switch if your not gonna get the window switch...

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
The CMS Stage II N/A cams work better for N2O but since you don't want to change valve springs you're limited to an inferior set of cams.:cool:

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
if your not gonna have a afr switch or fuel pressure safety switch then i would most definitely get a bottle pressure guage that you can monitor quite easily so that you don't spray with too much or too little bottle psi

other than that just a bottle heater and at least a wot switch if your not gonna get the window switch...
Well the kit I bought has a wot switch. But damn man, I was just down at the local meet with the guys and there were two cobras, one pullied, one procharged, and an 08 procharged, and I think I may just sell my kit and save up for a procharger cuz damn those things were ****ing BADASSSS :eek:

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
main questiong- what is the most you plan on spraying? for baby shots wont require nitrous specific cams wont be needed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts