Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was reading up on another nitrous thread that was posted and it had said that Zex's hp rating is at the flywheel and Nitrous Express was rear wheel horse power. So I did some searching trying to find an NX jet chart and had no luck. Can anyone help me out with an NX jet chart, I'm not sure why the Zex chart is easy to find and the NX is not...

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I installed my kit last week and I have a Zex rated 55 shot because I wanted to get the feel of nitrous and what to expect before I start adding more. And if the 100 shot of NX is more than the Zex 100 that is what I want to use, Do you get what I mean or did I confuse you?

·
Shake N' Bake
5,698 Posts
thats what i thought but i wasnt for sure

ive looked into it before but could never find a 100% accurate source that the jets are even interchangeable

if you have the 100 shot jets go ahead and put them in, you'll enjoy them, im not sure how big of a difference it is really, im sure there is some but not sure if its a big enough difference to go through the trouble

i have the 125 shot jets anyway so thats why i just kinda said screw it with worrying about the nx jets, ill just wait till i can get a tune and put those in

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know, I got my kit through a trade on here and have the jets up to a 175 shot

How many miles on your motor?

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
zex, nx, nitrous outlet jets will interchang. they all use the big body jets. the nos, dyno tune, sniper, etc all use the smaller jets.as for the jet charts, its all just a reference point. the bad thing i see from the n/x charts is their tendency to be on the lean side of the jetting.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I had looked at some NOS brand jets and they are different than the ZEX jets.

Personally I feel that when you start mixing brands you're asking for problems. If you have a ZEX, then use the ZEX jets.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
no. there are differences in shank sizes as far as jets go, but thats it. you can mix and match all you want without issue as long as you know what you are doing.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Well I installed my kit last week and I have a Zex rated 55 shot because I wanted to get the feel of nitrous and what to expect before I start adding more. And if the 100 shot of NX is more than the Zex 100 that is what I want to use, Do you get what I mean or did I confuse you?
The NX jets are bigger on the nitrous and about 1 size larger on the fuel (wet system) then the Zex. Zex rates their shot at the motor, NX rates at the rear wheel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts