Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have obtained a NOS Kit# 5120 super cheap from Craigslist. This kit is brand new. The Holley website says that a 1999 Mustang GT requires kit# 5116. I can see no real difference in these kits. The 5120 is made for a 3.8 Tauras SHO. This kit is supposed to be a 75-125 dry system. Is it safe for me to go ahead and use this kit on my Mustang. What (if any) problems could arise? Again these kits appear to be almost identical as far as I can tell. I didn't know if maybe the solenoids would be different or what. Any information or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
323 Posts
well you are probly gonna have to up your injectors if your gonna keep it as a dry kit. or you can buy a kit that will make it into a wet kit

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What injector size will I need to increase to for say a 100 horse shot and will I need a program?

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
to spray dry on these cars, its going to need a dyno tune to get right. the
MAF's on these cars wont support 75+ shot spray'd thru them to my knowledge. the nozzle will need to be post MAF and tuned for it. for a 100 shot, 30+lb injectors should be used.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I emailed "Holley" and they told me that this kit wouldn't work because this kit required a fuel return line to the fuel tank and 99 and newer mustangs had a returnless fuel system. Do you think I can still make this work if I use the wet conversion or should I sell it and different kit?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts